Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #6051
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kd

Welcome to the hounds. I played W1S1 last year and had much success. Great community, that one.

*whispers*

Pssst, guys. I'll hold Kd here as long as I can, but you might want to...you know. *winks awkwardly*

Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #6052
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd1984 View Post
Greetings, hounds! I've been playing over at the Write 1 Sub 1 thread, but since I'm a horror writer , I figured I would pop my head over here and say hi. Soo...Hi!

We always enjoy having new people stop by for dinner. Though here we usually forgo a formal sit-down affair and have what we like to call a Newbieque instead. Sort of like a barbecue, only you're the main entree guest of honor.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #6053
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

So now he's a *scary* whirling dervish of fuzzy destruction.

*points puppy at Boston*

*lets him go*

I was going with "burnt orange spaz attack", but "scary whirling dervish of fuzzy destruction" works too.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #6054
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have a rolled-up newspaper and I am not afraid to use it.

FleasTwits
Old 04-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #6055
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Normally I'd light the grill now, but Hounds seem to be in short supplies, and there have been complaints from certain quarters about not saving any.

So perhaps we'll wait on the Newbieque? Just until later, of course.

FleasTwits
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #6056
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Aw - cute widdle orange fur baby...

Details woman! How old is he, what kind, what color - under the orange???
Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #6057
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Normally I'd light the grill now, but Hounds seem to be in short supplies, and there have been complaints from certain quarters about not saving any.

*orders dry ice from party supply stores*
Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #6058
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

In other news, school called this morning. Even though Miss Girl missed a day of the gifted testing, she still scored high enough to qualify for the program. I find out details tomorrow.

Fingers crossed this helps.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #6059
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
In other news, school called this morning. Even though Miss Girl missed a day of the gifted testing, she still scored high enough to qualify for the program. I find out details tomorrow.

I suspect it should help. Keeping gifted kids challenged is half the battle with them. You get bored in school you tune out.

At least, that was my excuse in college.

FleasTwits
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #6060
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #6061
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Aw - cute widdle orange fur baby...

Details woman! How old is he, what kind, what color - under the orange???
Too young to do anything fun. Just a baby. 15lbs goin on 115lbs (seriously, that's what dad was) Which means I'm taking this opportunity to show him now that I am the boss of him, before he catches up to me in size.

And he's... sorta greyish....

Wait. *rubs at fur* Never mind, that's just ash from the fire pit.

I'll see if I can't email you a pic, Laurie.

Quote:

Very cool!!! I will cross my fingers for you.

Quote:

*rummages through trunk for restraints* I'm cool with this. But we may need to find something to hold the newb here until then. entice the newb to stay?

*lands on surgical tubing* I see no one is using this, you think it will hold? It has some give.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #6062
kd1984
practical experience, FTW

kd1984 is on a distinguished road
You'll want something stronger than surgical tubing to hold me. I'm fairly squirmy.

And NEW PUPPY!! How very exciting. I have three of my own whom I've trained to generally do whatever they'd like while I'm screaming at them.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #6063
soapdish
writing

Quote:
And NEW PUPPY!! How very exciting. I have three of my own whom I've trained to generally do whatever they'd like while I'm screaming at them.
Oh, I see your puppies have been taking notes from my children.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #6064
kd1984
practical experience, FTW

kd1984 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
Oh, I see your puppies have been taking notes from my children.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #6065
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
You'll want something stronger than surgical tubing to hold me. I'm fairly squirmy.
I'm pretty sure we have something far more heavy duty than that.

And if all else fails, I'm sure we have duct tape. Duct tape holds everything.

FleasTwits
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #6066
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And if all else fails, I'm sure we have duct tape. Duct tape holds everything.

There's a video (I think it is from an old advert or something) of a guy held to the ceiling by the stuff. Duct tape is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #6067
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
^I remember that. Duct tape is indeed awesome.

Hi Hounds! I'm getting some words in. Not much going on today but laundry, so that makes it time to get words in.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #6068
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey hounds!!! How is everyone??? Anything new going on?
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #6069
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not much! Workin on my WIPs. How about you?

ETA: OH, and it's my b-day today. Woo! Nothing happening today; celebration is tomorrow. So I'm chillin.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #6070
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
There's a video (I think it is from an old advert or something) of a guy held to the ceiling by the stuff. Duct tape is awesome.
As the Mythbusters have shown, given enough duct tape, there really isn't much you can't accomplish.

They've built bridges, and boats, and hammocks out of the stuff, as well as lifted cars.

The key is all in the supply.

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #6071
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
ETA: OH, and it's my b-day today. Woo! Nothing happening today; celebration is tomorrow. So I'm chillin.

Happy birthday, Rhoda

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #6072
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
Not much! Workin on my WIPs. How about you?

Happy Birthday!

Look, even BW turned out for the celebration.

(was beginning to think Abby had him stashed in a storage unit somewhere. )

Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #6073
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Thank you!

ETA: Now passing 40k! Woo!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #6074
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #6075
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Ooooooh, chocolatey!!

(And dude, why is that Smiley so much bigger than all the other ones?)

Closed Thread