Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #3451
alleycat
I'm behaving.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You mean our misery.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #3452
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tomorrow is Labour Day in Singapore and in the UK and most, maybe all, Commonwealth countries as well as in many other countries in Asia and Africa. Probably the whole world except the US, Canada and Latin America. (Rob - Germany? Other parts of Europe?)

No labour for me!!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #3453
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Would somebody please put the pussy cat out of his misery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
You mean our misery.
Tom Jones says that's a great idea!

He'll be along directly.

*jazz hands*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
Tomorrow is Labour Day in Singapore and in the UK and most, maybe all, Commonwealth countries as well as in many other countries in Asia and Africa. Probably the whole world except the US, Canada and Latin America. (Rob - Germany? Other parts of Europe?)

No labour for me!!
Yes, it's labour day tomorrow in jarmany too! We're more sensible in Englandland - it gets tacked onto a weekend, so I think it's a week today.

ROAR
Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #3454
alleycat
I'm behaving.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Our Labor/Labour Day is always the first Monday in September.

Mothers Day is this month in the US. It's always on a Sunday. The florists and greeting card business love the holiday.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #3455
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It was Mother's Day a couple of months back in the UK. At least, I hope it was, 'cos if it wasn't then I need to get a card.

I think it was.

*i'm pretty sure about that jazz hands*
Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #3456
alleycat
I'm behaving.
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Tom Jones says that's a great idea!

He'll be along directly.
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh, oh, oh, oh . . . oh, no.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #3457
alleycat
I'm behaving.
SuperModerator

"I'm so sexy I can even dress like my Aunt Bertie and still be cool. And that bulge is not a potato, ladies."
Old 04-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #3458
Billtrumpet25
Gaze upon my shih-tzu powers!

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning everyone,

Some sad news; CW passed away last night.

All the best to her family.

War of the Wizard (Book 1): undergoing editing

The Wizard's Curse (Book 2): 60% complete

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...45&trk=tab_pro

https://twitter.com/BillFitzgibbons
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #3459
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
mornin' Bill 'n all.

That is very sad. More prayers out to her and her family. s
Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #3460
Purple Rose

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
It was Mother's Day a couple of months back in the UK. At least, I hope it was, 'cos if it wasn't then I need to get a card.

I think it was.

*i'm pretty sure about that jazz hands*
Yes it was. Some time in March and they call it Mothering Sunday. My daughters called on Skype and also sent an e-card. I was quite surprised because I think everywhere outside the UK, people celebrate the Hallmark Mother's Day - second Sunday in May.

I think it is rather sad that Mother's Day and Father's Day are now really just Hallmark occasions. I really like the spirit behind the British Mothering Sunday.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #3461
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Monday, funners. Wait, that's an oxymoron.

ACK!!! It's too early for pics of Tom Jones.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #3462
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

I'm going to be transforming myself into Tom Jones later, Duchess. Don't worry.

ROAR

PS. What's the spirit of mothering sunday, Rosie? Was I s'posed to do somefink?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #3463
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The cook-out was a huge success, and guess what?

It did NOT rain, Peeps - Turned out to be a gorgeous day - PTL

I haz leftovers...

Who wants Coconut Pie and Grilled Salmon?

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S. Wiggins View Post
<Wiggins loves Lavern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
---
WRONG! I don't Lavern everything...just most things.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #3464
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't like to pass on gossip about CassandraW but ... (link is in my signature)

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #3465
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
s. Well at least her figure is great! s!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #3466
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We have Mother's Day on the same day as the U.S. - 2nd Sunday in May.

Mother's Day doesn't really work for me. Everyone usually ends up here at my place and it's BBQ and cakes and great visiting etc. Then they all go home and I'm left standing in the kitchen and washing dishes for hours.

I'm thinking of banning it this year. (I successfully banned it for 5 years when my kids were younger. )

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #3467
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Just as long as there's no banning No Pants Day!

ROAR
Old 04-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #3468
Purple Rose

Quote:
I'm going to be transforming myself into Tom Jones later, Duchess. Don't worry.

Quote:
PS. What's the spirit of mothering sunday, Rosie? Was I s'posed to do somefink?
From Wikipedia, which suggests you should hjave visited your mother that day and picked flowers along the way. Edelweiss might have been nice:

Children and young people who were "in service" (servants in richer households) were given a day off on that date so they could visit their families (or, originally, return to their "mother" church). The children would pick wild flowers along the way to place them in the church or to give them to their mothers as gifts. Eventually, the religious tradition evolved into the Mothering Sunday secular tradition of giving gifts to mothers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothering_Sunday
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #3469
Purple Rose

Hi Gail!

Good to see you! Mother's Day should NEVER be like that so good on you for banning it. I thinbk it should stay banned until you get to go out and someone else does EVERYTHING for you.

Off to bed now. Good night, funners and mothers!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #3470
alleycat
I'm behaving.
SuperModerator

Should I actually schmoo Rob while he's gone? I don't think I can take another week of Tom Jones.

Last edited by alleycat; 05-01-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #3471
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll make you a tuna caserole if you'll change it to anything but Tom Jones.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #3472
alleycat
I'm behaving.
SuperModerator

I changed it to one of his heroes.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #3473
CassandraW
Baby and me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
s. Well at least her figure is great! s!
Yes, but my outfit is simply DREADFUL!

*makes vow never to let Lindsay Lohan pick out her outfit again*
Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #3474
CassandraW
Baby and me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I changed it to one of his heroes.
Alleycat, you and I have had our differences in the past, like when you shmooed me six times in 24 hours with a certain amount of very little no provocation.

But that's all in the past. I see this beautiful thing you've done to the muppet, and.... oh, heck.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #3475
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Noooooooooo not Mr. T!!!

Closed Thread