Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #26
Alpha Echo
The Future is Bright

Alpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkist View Post

Plus, the new candelabra bulbs look, well... pervy. They don't give that beautiful candle vibe at all. NOT what I am going for in my home decor, guys.

I'm with the right on this one. The government can FOAD.

And I'm also installing dimmer switches to save electricity, so don't hate. Or do, I don't care. You can pry the incandescent candelabra bulbs out of my cold, dead hands.
I'm with you. We have several very large chandeliers. I would not put those things in them ever!
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
T.H Lawrence

Alpha Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #27
Gregg
Life is good

Gregg has earned our admirationGregg has earned our admirationGregg has earned our admirationGregg has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger J Carlson View Post
I've always kind of wondered which part of the US Constitution gives the government authority to decide how efficient my lightbulbs should be. Next, I suppose they'll mandate new thermostats that don't go higher than 63ºF in winter or lower than 75º in summer.
QUIET!! Don't give them any ideas.

"Beware the greedy hand of government, thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry."
Thomas Paine

Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #28
vsrenard
Troubles a star

vsrenard is a shiny, shiny jewelvsrenard is a shiny, shiny jewel
The Livermore light bulb is cool--I've been to see it a few times when I lived there.

Watermark: A Novel of the Middle Ages
vsrenard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #29
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What about Christmas lights?
Alessandra Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote