Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Rejection and Dejection
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #15901
SteveCordero
Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'

SteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good job on the appointment, Snappy. I know the last episode passed eventually, but it's still a long time to feel lathargic. May the Force be with you.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #15902
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

Snappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks all. Figure the old adage "better safe than sorry" applies.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #15903
Cricket18
Gnawing my hairless tail

Cricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellion92 View Post
Morning, Purgatory. I would complain about the cold gray rain, but that would make Cricket jealous, so I won't.
Thanks, Kell. It's cold-ish here with a teensy amount of mist, but I'm stuck at my desk, so meh, doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellion92 View Post
I think fantasy will be big soon, Ink. B1tterblue will feed some of it, Game of Thrones is huge.

Of course, mine will never be ready if I don't write it! I'm going to just pants the big bad middle and get started when I'm done my contracted novel's revision. I know how the first third goes. The rest will be more likely to come to me if I'm writing than if I'm not.
Go, Kell, go! Well, if fantasy is the next big thing, it won't be my ms. Tell me why I was looking forward to querying again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Taylor View Post
Haven't gone to bed yet. Easiest to get some things done in the middle of the night.
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
I have an epic fantasy I could revise and submit, but I'm feeling so sad and dispirited about querying that I don't see the point. Yet more time spent just to get more form rejections.
Make room at the Dispirited Bar (get it?) Para, I sent you a rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Now, back to work though. And wondering if I should go to doctor. Have been dealing with massive bouts of fatigue lately. Same thing happened to me about four years ago and lasted 6 months. Docs didn't find anything and it went away. Now, I'm feeling very similar and it's lasted for about 4 weeks so far. *sigh*
Glad you're going to the doctor, Snappy. Keep us posted.

Teri, it's human nature to be selfish. She's been your rock and now she's gone.

It's Monday, rejections in the inbox. I've barely started querying and I'm wondering why I'm bothering....feh.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:36 AM   #15904
Teriann
optimist

Teriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
BF just wrote again to say she'd like to read my manuscript in June . . . but I don't think I'll ask her. After 30 years of friendship, I think right now she needs me to give what she needs instead of try to get what I need.

I just found a wallet full of money and credit cards on the street. I picked it up and took it to a police officer. Now I expect something really bad to happen to me. Last time I did something at all like that (3 years ago a woman approachd me at a gas station and against all internal warnings I ended up giving her a ride and money) I returned home to find my garage had been burglarized. It's that kind of world.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 AM   #15905
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Take care of yourself, Snappy.

Boo for passes, Cricket and Para.

Teri, I hope you're in for something good instead...
Old 04-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #15906
ink wench
ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine

ink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(((Cricket)))

Teri, it's a Pit truism that no good deed goes unpunished. But I hope you build up some karma points instead.

An0ther L1ttle P1ece 0f My Heart
(Harlequin Teen)- December 2013

Twitter * Website
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #15907
RedScylla
KoalaKoalaKoala!

RedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Here's my positive thought for the Pit: since I'm a lightweight, it doesn't take much booze to get me stinko drunk. Tell me the world isn't smiling on me.

Between a blog and a hard place.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #15908
kellion92

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Red, I hope your booze treats you well. Getting you stinko is a good start.

Blech, I'm just so exhausted lately. Oh well, must go revise now. It's work at this point -- very poorly paid work.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #15909
ink wench

ink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Red, this is why I like drinking wine. I can toss back shot after shot of the hard stuff with no results. But one glass of wine does me in. I don't understand it, but it's much more efficient. Hope the booze treated you well.

Kellion, good luck.

I'm off today to make up for having to work a really long day on Thursday, so here I sit with my revisions again. Too early to start drinking?

Twitter * Website
Old 04-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #15910
soulcascade
Bright lights induce scuttling

soulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScylla View Post
I *used* to think I had this stalwart reader I could always count on. Then one day she read a book of mine and said she found it "unbearable to read." Never read another one again. In fact, she doesn't even call me anymore. So ... 20-year friendship that just couldn't make the next decade.
OUCH! Surely she could've worded it better...I've tried betaing books that I didn't like. I just said 'this isn't for me'.

Snappy glad you have an appointment, keep us in the loop!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #15911
soulcascade

soulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthood
Cricket I donno if initially being excited to query is a sign of madness or if we just forget the traumas of querying enough between one round and the next to amp us up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriann View Post
BF just wrote again to say she'd like to read my manuscript in June . . . but I don't think I'll ask her. After 30 years of friendship, I think right now she needs me to give what she needs instead of try to get what I need.

Good call, Teri

I just found a wallet full of money and credit cards on the street. I picked it up and took it to a police officer. Now I expect something really bad to happen to me. Last time I did something at all like that (3 years ago a woman approachd me at a gas station and against all internal warnings I ended up giving her a ride and money) I returned home to find my garage had been burglarized. It's that kind of world.

OMG! The universe is a cruel, cruel b1tch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScylla View Post
Here's my positive thought for the Pit: since I'm a lightweight, it doesn't take much booze to get me stinko drunk. Tell me the world isn't smiling on me.
Red it doesn't get much better than that!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #15912
lkp
practical experience, FTW

lkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admiration
Would anyone like to come teach my class for me? It starts in five minutes and last three hours?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #15913
Noompsy
Ow

Noompsy has a spectacular auraNoompsy has a spectacular aura
Can't...playing hooky today myself...actually have doctor's appointment for kid...but not having to teach was a pretty nifty perk. :]
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #15914
SteveCordero
Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'

SteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mornin', Pit

{{{Cricket}}}

Good luck, Kell
Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #15915
soulcascade

Just got a zombie query from November. Made me chuckle, after a certain amount of time has past, I wonder why agents bother with their form R's.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #15916
kellion92

Sometimes zombie Rs are funny, sometimes they seem like an unnecessary slap.

Eh, I just sent some "email is free" Qs to go with my "stamps are cheap" Qs yesterday. I haven't had a lot of responses lately -- one R (to a full though) in the past month.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #15917
ink wench

Run Soul, run!

Go Kellion!

Think I got my revision outline mostly nailed at this point. Just sent some Qs to the agent to be sure, then will pull it together (assuming her reaction to my Qs isn't total horror).

Twitter * Website
Old 04-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #15918
soulcascade

Kellion LOL @ 'email is free Q's' I think that deserves a ™

Awesome Ink, I figured you'd sort it out!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #15919
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

Snappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning. Afternoon Pitizens. Thanks for all the reps. Will keep you informed. Snappy will be well, and promises to never refer to herself in third person again.

And now for other news...it's Tuesday.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #15920
soulcascade

*cuddles wif Snappie* Snapps you can refer to yourself in whatever person you like
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #15921
kellion92

Hugs to the Snappy! (I think third person needs a definite article)

Go, Ink! You can do it.

"Email is free" may require a TM, but it's Red's phrase. If she tries to make me pay to use it, I heartily protest.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #15922
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

*cuddles Soul*

Kellion, THE Snappy, oh yes, there should certainly only be one. The world cannot handle more than one. LOL.

How's the week going for my fellow Pitizens? It's gray in this part of town.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #15923
Teriann
optimist

Teriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTeriann is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cold and gray here. It's going to rain tomorrow again.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #15924
RedScylla
KoalaKoalaKoala!

RedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mercilessly sunny and getting hot here. That doctor better find out what's keeping The Snapster down. (Yeah, okay, that one just went too far.)

Between a blog and a hard place.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #15925
soulcascade

*shakes off drenched umbrella* *eyes Red* how bout tossing some of that sun this way?
Closed Thread