Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #2876
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
A Song of Ice and Fire, better known as Game Of Thrones (the book series).

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #2877
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Oh.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #2878
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
TALLY. I FINISHED MAAH.

It was amazing. I am in love with it.
Taylor_Writes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #2879
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
EVERYONE FALLS IN LOVE WITH IT.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #2880
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
TAYLOR PM ME ALL YOUR THOUGHTS, GOOD AND BAD.

I need to hear everything.

AND THANK YOU

Old 04-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #2881
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

TALLY YOU NEED TO TELL ME WHEN YOU'RE WORKING ON BOOK TWO. I WANT TO BE YOUR WRITING BUDDY.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #2882
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There seems to be a terrible shortage of lower-case letters.
Parametric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #2883
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Sorry.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #2884
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Morning team. Whyyyyy is my death scene not full of sad. I have failed.

If you've got questions, I can fill you in with as few spoilers as possible.
Ok i'm going to put this in white so i dont ruin stuff for people still watching season 1. OK. So i have a question about the fire red haired woman. 1st off who the hell is she? I know she is some kind of priestist, but she came so out of left field i started to get confused. And the guy she is with is Jofferies "Fathers" older brother right?Next if you saw the last episode what the HELL DID SHE JUST GIVE BIRTH TOO!!?!?!??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horserider View Post
OMG I KNOW, RIGHT? I thought my theory was right and I was SO EXCITED and then it was like...WAIT, I WAS WRONG? WHAT IS THAT.

I'm waiting until after the school year is over to start watching/reading GoT.
Same here for so long i thought i had it figured out and i was like "OH MY GOD" then it started to sound like i was right and i was sitting on the edge of my seat... then i was wrong and left more freaking confused then ever before!!! God that show is an unhealthy obsession i haven't guessed so much at a series since Lost!!!

And again same here once school is over GoT along with like 200 books are getting read while I take a break from writing.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
amlptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #2885
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Nearly finished my essay! I should be done sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #2886
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've had two hours of sleep, feel like the living dead, because i might have another bad case of allergies or just caught something, and I have to sit through a three hour bullshit course... I need today to be over like RIGHT NOW.

Not to mention I have to make a kick ass powerpoint thesis presentation tonight, then wake up and see two doctors tomorrow, along with going to a class "fake present your powerpoint" meeting, which i'll most likely have to end up late too...

This week is so far not turning out well at all!!! But this is my last week then one final... So i guess i can't really complain.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #2887
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

One of my online friends has disappeared off FB.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #2888
amlptj

I got a small ego boost the other day. I was explaining FREAKs to another writer on Chat and they said they really loved the idea and thought it sounded awesome! That made my month.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #2889
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
Ok i'm going to put this in white so i dont ruin stuff for people still watching season 1. OK. So i have a question about the fire red haired woman. 1st off who the hell is she? I know she is some kind of priestist, but she came so out of left field i started to get confused. And the guy she is with is Jofferies "Fathers" older brother right?Next if you saw the last episode what the HELL DID SHE JUST GIVE BIRTH TOO!!?!?!??!?!

Ahahaha. George RR Martin: freaking people out since A Clash of Kings was published in the 90s.

Okay, from the top. The red woman is a priestess from a foreign country. She's here as an advisor to Stannis, the cranky guy who keeps correcting people. Stannis is the brother of the king who died in season 1 and therefore is legally his heir, since the king's children are illegitimate. The cool older bearded guy who rowed the red woman into the cave at the end is Davos ♥, another advisor to Stannis.

The thing she gave birth to is popularly known as the shadowbaby. It is the creepy, creepy result of that time Stannis and the red woman had sex on the map table. The shadowbaby was born directly under Renly's castle, which is bad news for Renly.

Does that help?
Parametric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #2890
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

SO MUCH WHITE.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #2891
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*hides from the white texted spoilers*

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #2892
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

HR: I'm hoping to start reading Percy Jackson soon!! I have the first book waiting for me on top of my bookshelf.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #2893
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
HR: I'm hoping to start reading Percy Jackson soon!! I have the first book waiting for me on top of my bookshelf.
Yes! Do it!

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #2894
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

As soon as I finish Anansi Boys, which should be soon.

Did you see my post about the film earlier?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #2895
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
And again same here once school is over GoT along with like 200 books are getting read while I take a break from writing.
Me too! I saw the first three books in the series at my local grocery store. Didn't have any money to buy them though but before I go off to college I am determined to read all of them.

There's also a giveaway for GoT books on Goodreads. It ends tomorrow, I think. But I hope I win at least one of them.

Hey everyone!

How's it going?

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #2896
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm good.

I might do a chapter list for Invincible.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #2897
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Tally, I shall do that when I get the time. I might have I read it again, it was that good.

Anyways, I started Thirteen Reasons Why, and it's SO good. I can't put it down.

I'm also trying to picture it as movie, which, according to imdb, is supposed to come out next year.
Taylor_Writes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:49 AM   #2898
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I want to write soooo bad.

But I have so much homework (again). My AP Calc teacher decided that it was a great day to give us a take-home test. It has over forty problems on it...urrrgh.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #2899
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm going to shut down. Goodnight.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #2900
Thalia

Thanks Taylor! I'm glad you liked it- when you get the chance, I'm anxiously awaiting your comments