Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #26
JBuck
practical experience, FTW

JBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admiration
Das wunderschon!
How cool and exciting!!!
Congrats!!!
JBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #27
Mr. Anonymous
Just a guy with a pen & a delusion

Mr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks guys, you're great. I've literally *dreamed* about getting to post a message like this in Goals and Accomplishments. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get to make another post someday about selling the NA rights.

The Paradox of Vertical Flight- Greenwillow
TBA Novel - to be published by Greenwillow
BOOK LAUNCH!! & some thoughts
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #28
Araenvo
Author

Araenvo is well-respected
Hey, a sale is a sale, and published is published! Congratulations. Now you can just say you're an international author =D

Represented by Molly Ker Hawn at The Bent Agency

EREN, coming Fall 2014 from Corsair, Constable & Robinson
Araenvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
Phaeal
Whatever I did, I didn't do it.

Phaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Auf Deutsch bitte! Und Glueckwuensche! Jetzt tanzen die Bananen!*

*trans: Aren't the Dutch bitter [that you aren't getting pubbed in Dutch yet.] Underwear are fortunately optional if scrunched up. Jetplanes eat bananas.

And so it goes.

Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

Last edited by Phaeal; 04-16-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Phaeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:52 AM   #30
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
ok lol so I'm actually not supposed to say anything for the moment. My lips are sealed.
GAH! You are a freakin tease! Can't wait to hear whatever it is that you can't yet say!!!!!!

Mel

Find me on Twitter!: melksan

Last edited by mellymel; 04-27-2012 at 09:27 AM.
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #31
Ton Lew Lepsnaci
A WIP

Ton Lew Lepsnaci is a glorious beacon of lightTon Lew Lepsnaci is a glorious beacon of lightTon Lew Lepsnaci is a glorious beacon of light
Phaeal, was ist das denn für ein Quatsch?

* Phaeal, can I invite you to a game of squash?

Quote:
It is less important to please people who don't like your book than to please people who do, because it is better to have something people love than something they merely don't hate.

--H. Jones
Ton Lew Lepsnaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:42 AM   #32
benbradley
It's a doggy dog world

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't read a word (ahem), but congratulations anyway!
benbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #33
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats and don't let them pay in a sauerkraut, unless you really like sauerkraut...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #34
backslashbaby
That's really my dog :)

backslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oooooo! I'll congratulate you when you can tell us what's up

Did you just Godwin a 4 year old?
-- Celia Cyanide

I've walked these streets in the madhouse, asylum they can be
Where a wild-eyed misfit prophet on a traffic island stopped
And he raved of saving me

Please donate: http://www.karmakrew.com/outreachprograms.asp
backslashbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks so much guys. I have SO MUCH NEWS but I can't share yet. But I'll update this thread the moment I can talk.

Phael - "Underwear are fortunately optional if scrunched up" is my modus operandi, actually.

Mellymel -

:P

But seriously. Thanks so much, and stay tuned!

Benbradley - Thank you for your congratulations, though I have no idea what for!

Thothguard - I am quite a fan of sauerkraut...

Backslashbaby - sounds good. It shouldn't be too too long now.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #36
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, congrats, Mr. Anonymous! A German sale is high honors, indeed. May it lead to NA right soon.
Filigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #37
KTC
Writer at Large and a Cat

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for sharing your great news via PM. I'm so excited for you. Amazing! CONGRATS!

I blog

I Tweet

"I'll have no truck with plots." ~ Sheldon Cooper
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #38
wheelwriter
Cicchetti and Wine

wheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for President
I was away and just saw your message. You and The Hoff, it seems. Congrats on all the good things coming your way. Keep me updated!
wheelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #39
Mayfield
sleeping the sleep of the sleepless

Mayfield is a glorious beacon of lightMayfield is a glorious beacon of lightMayfield is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear more details, but that is wonderful, wonderful news.

Blog | Twitter | YA Highway
Mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #40
Paul
Banned for Trolling

Paul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
well 80 million people cant be that wrong!

congrats.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #41
Pisarz
Happiest Camper Ev-ah Right Now

Pisarz leaves trails of profuse coolnessPisarz leaves trails of profuse coolnessPisarz leaves trails of profuse coolnessPisarz leaves trails of profuse coolnessPisarz leaves trails of profuse coolness
Ich lese Deutsch. Das ist wunderbar!

For a good time, follow @snarkychicklet on Twitter. (Hey, if that didn't convince you, I don't know what will . . .)
Pisarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #42
Susan Littlefield
Tell it like it Is

Susan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

Quote:
ok lol so I'm actually not supposed to say anything for the moment. My lips are sealed.
Hey, I missed something! I know something good happened, and lots of people know, but I missed it, darn it!

I think you might have sold your novel?

Whatever this secret is, congratulations!

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

Susan Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:06 AM   #43
Mr. Anonymous

Thank you everyone! News on thursday! I promise!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #44
benbradley
It's a doggy dog world

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Waiting with baited browser!
benbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #45
Moon Daughter

Moon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolness
*waits impatiently for Thursday*
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #46
Mr. Anonymous

Okay, so I feel bad.

I thought we were announcing Today. But agent wants to wait a few more days...

However.

I WILL say that we may have (also) agreed to a deal with a publisher that is a little closer to home. And by a little I mean a lot. And by a lot I mean

Full story just as soon as my agent announces (I'm not going to pick a day cause I might be wrong. again.)

Sorry guys. I hate to do this but I got (lightly) reprimanded by my agent for e-bragging about my eggs before they hatched so I'm trying to be a good boy from now on. lol. Sort of, anyway.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #47
DeaK

DeaK has earned our admirationDeaK has earned our admirationDeaK has earned our admirationDeaK has earned our admiration
Boooh!

Just kidding But you're really building up the suspense here with more good news ----> have you considered switching genres?

/Dreams of the day she'll be reprimanded by an agent/

Erm, I'm really happy for you, still. Not saying why. I just am. I have my reasons. Secret reasons. But I'm happy
DeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #48
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Okay, so I feel bad.

I thought we were announcing Today. But agent wants to wait a few more days...

However.

I WILL say that we may have (also) agreed to a deal with a publisher that is a little closer to home. And by a little I mean a lot. And by a lot I mean

Full story just as soon as my agent announces (I'm not going to pick a day cause I might be wrong. again.)

Sorry guys. I hate to do this but I got (lightly) reprimanded by my agent for e-bragging about my eggs before they hatched so I'm trying to be a good boy from now on. lol. Sort of, anyway.
Still can't wait to find out what the heck is going on!!! Gah! So. Excited. For. You.

waiting. waiting. still waiting...

stupid

Find me on Twitter!: melksan
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #49
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How remiss of me! I just saw your post, Mr.A and very happy for you! Congrats 'n way2go. Calls for s!
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #50
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So yes, be good and wait and we will wait patiently too, and in the meantime, congratulations!

Alessandra Kelley, Fine Art, Illustration, and Egg Tempera Instruction
"Confessions of a Postmodern Pre-Raphaelite" -- my blog
Alessandra Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote