Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #5526
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
Also, my pizza is 15 minutes late. Which is to be expected.
I've resisted the siren call of pizza two days in a row now.

You are making sticking to that decision very, very difficult.

*wants pizza*

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #5527
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
You think?

Nah.

You're just very close, right Laurie? *nods*

Also, my pizza is 15 minutes late. Which is to be expected.
I'll hold Shue for ransom if you don't share.

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 04-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #5528
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey! I have kids to feed too, you know!

And they really like pizza with cocktail sausages, bacon, mushrooms and pineapple!

(I know that last one might make some of you go eww. Get over it - it's fabulous.)

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #5529
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have always liked Hawaiian pizzas. (Which come with pineapple, in case you don't know.)

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #5530
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We call them Tropical Pizzas here, seeing as Hawaii doesn't have as strong a meaning for us.

*gets another slice*

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 04-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #5531
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Canadian bacon or pepperoni and pineapple are delicious! Not sure about the cocktail sausages, though. :S

When I worked at a pizza place in high school I was surprised at how many people order shrimp and saurkraut pizza. It was one of the most popular combos. :S

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 04-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #5532
slcboston
word-slinger

Ours here usually just come with ham and pineapple, I believe. Possibly bacon. Been too long since I have had one.

And I've never been fond of cocktail sausages. There's just not enough to them to be satisfying.

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #5533
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
afternoon hound!!!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #5534
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

We tend to go for the choose-your-own-ingredients pizzas, and I decided to try cocktail sausages for the first time tonight. It's ok.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 04-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #5535
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
afternoon hound!!!
Which one?

(Sorry, couldn't resist that one Allie.)

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #5536
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

It's not me - it's already nighttime here.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 04-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #5537
slcboston
word-slinger

Technically...

Well, hmm, where does afternoon stop and evening begin??

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #5538
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry, long day and not enough coffee!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #5539
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

It's dark and I've had dinner. It's night.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 04-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #5540
amlptj

Sorry its still sunny out here. Only 5pm. WOW... i did not realize it was that late already... guess it doesnt help i woke up at 1pm...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #5541
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
It's dark and I've had dinner. It's night.
*looks out the window*

Still sunny here. Will be for a couple of hours, still.

No dinner yet. No pizza, either, but I do have bacon.

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #5542
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
Sorry its still sunny out here. Only 5pm. WOW... i did not realize it was that late already... guess it doesnt help i woke up at 1pm...
Pfft, you're barely out of your morning then, relatively speaking.

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #5543
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

And now for something completely different:

Baileys.

That is all.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 04-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #5544
amlptj

exactly!!!!

My 1:30pm class might has well have been an 8:30am because i was up till 6am.... Yeah i got re-addicted to Buffy. Because what better to do with my spare time then to start watching it from the beginning like a loser. I caught up on White Collar, so that was my next logical choice.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #5545
bluntforcetrauma
Esquire

bluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good afternoon/evening to the other hound.

(Ecclesiastes 9:16)
Old 04-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #5546
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dawn - 4:30am-7am
Morning - 7am-10am
Midday -10am-12pm
Noon - 12pm-1pm
Afternoon - 1pm-5pm
Evening - 5pm-6pm
Dusk - 6pm-8pm
Night - 8pm-4:30am
Witching Hour - 12am-1am
Wolf's Hour - 3am-4am

There ya' go.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #5547
amlptj

OK Good...Uh almost Dust Hounds!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #5548
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So, my friend Erika changed her relationship status on FB from In A Relationship to Single this afternoon. I invited her to go for a walk in a nearby park with me tomorrow a few days ago and she seemed amenable to the idea. Unfortunately, the weather's turning nasty tonight so that idea might be a no-go and I don't have any money to take her anywhere right now. I may have to put things off till next week when I'll get my first paycheck.

I gave her my mother's nice mink stole the other day (it wasn't doing anyone any good hanging in my closet) and she really liked it (it goes perfectly with her hair).

Maybe I'm being stupid, but I really hope she doesn't get snatched up by some young stud over the next week or so (I doubt that'll happen, but worse has happened to me in relationships before).
Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #5549
amlptj

Again I'm really not the best person to ever really give relationship advice, considering I've only been in one. (lasted for 5 years though) and i'm also still pretty young, but just because the weather turned nasty, maybe you could invite her over to your place for a movie night or something? I think you said before you recommended movies to her, so you guys have the same movie taste and microwave popcorn is always great on stormy nights. (Sorry again if that is really juvenile of an idea.)

Also don't worry i doubt any "young stud" will come alone in only a week. heheheh I've been single for three and no young studs come along, so i think you got really good chances!

And that's really sweet of you to give her the mink thing! GOOD LUCK!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #5550
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

My place is a book pile - and I still think it's too early for something like that. I emailed her saying that if we couldn't do the walk thing I'd take her to a fancy restaurant and a good movie or show next week after I get paid. I'm pretty sure she hasn't been to a really good restaurant or an actual movie in a theater or a show in a long time.

I've already told her she's going to Rocklahoma on me at the end of May and I've hinted that I'll be getting her and her friend Mandy tickets to at least one Big Name Rock concert that's coming to town that I know she really wants to attend (she wants to go to Rocklahoma too). I'm not much of a rock concert guy due to the crowds and behavior, but she loves them.

If all I ever do is make her next 2-4 months here happy and worthwhile then it will have been worth it.

Last edited by FOTSGreg; 04-14-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Closed Thread