Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Now We're Cookin'!
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #26
jennontheisland
the world is at my command

jennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post
Callebaut chocolate is kind of flat and lacking nuance, to my taste. I prefer Lindt, or a mix of Lindt and Guittard for baking and candymaking. There's also a Blommer chocolate factory downtown (gentrification kind of caught it up -- it used to be in a manufacturing district) which sells several types of pretty good chocolate in bulk.

Agreement, Hershey's is the bottom of the barrel.
Lindt, at least the stuff in Canada, now contains hydrogenated oils. I bought my kid some at Christmas, and noticed the difference in taste.

I really wish people would accept that food costs money. Maybe then manufacturers would stop cutting corners.

Eat This.
jennontheisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #27
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Alter Eco Dark Blackout has: Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Cane Sugar. That's it. So smooth and flavorful.

http://shop.altereco-usa.com/Dark-Bl...rEco@Chocolate

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Fenika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #28
RichardGarfinkle
Shipping Tropos
AW Moderator

RichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I find Lindt, Guittard, and Godiva produce a really good blend for chocolates, ganaches, and mousse. Vahlrona's very good,but kind of expensive. I sometimes use Callebaut in baking, but not for eating chocolate.

Overdue Considerations -- my blog

Now on Smashwords
RichardGarfinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #29
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennontheisland View Post
Lindt, at least the stuff in Canada, now contains hydrogenated oils. I bought my kid some at Christmas, and noticed the difference in taste.
I think maybe you mean the truffle candies. I'm just talking about their chocolate bars. The ones in the cupboard right now contain:

Sugar, chocolate, cocoa butter, soya lecithin (emulsifier), vanilla -- may contain traces of peanuts/tree nuts/milk.

I do like Valrhona too, but it is so hard to get around here.

Alessandra Kelley, Fine Art, Illustration, and Egg Tempera Instruction
"Confessions of a Postmodern Pre-Raphaelite" -- my blog
Alessandra Kelley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #30
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
That's disappointing. I always enjoyed Lindt chocolate but I haven't bought it in a while.
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #31
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:

I really wish people would accept that food costs money. Maybe then manufacturers would stop cutting corners.
Noooooo! I end up buying most of mine south of the border anyway. I can't find the mint truffles up here. All the other varieties, but not mint. Christmas before last, they had the gift boxes at Shoppers, but not this past Christmas.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #32
brainstorm77
practical experience, FTW

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lindt still tastes good to me. I've noticed zero difference in taste.
brainstorm77 is offline   Reply With Quote