Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW's IRC Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
Delvianna01
practical experience, FTW

Delvianna01 is on a distinguished road
I can't get in!! [OK now]

D: !! I can't get in! I tried the suggested link but what usually pops up asking for my name etc isn't there. Nothing comes up actually its just a white page that says "star chatrooms" in big letters and the smiley faces at the top but nothing else. Does that mean I was banned? I'm so confused!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If you can, try opening the link as a new window. Or try using it in a different browser. That won't solve this problem but might get you in.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If all else fails, try a little KY jelly...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
Old 04-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Make sure you have Java installed; sometimes the browser prefs are odd.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?

Last edited by Medievalist; 04-07-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Also, Peter just told me to tell you to clean your cookies. I'm assuming that means delete them. Probably logging out and back in couldn't hurt.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
Pthom

Pthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Delvianna, you aren't banned. If you've been using the java link (provided elsewhere here in this forum), there could be a glitch in your java app, as Medievalist suggests. You might have to remove Java from your computer and reinstall it. Also, you could visit StarChat.net and browse around there for hints to solve connection problems.

But the best and most reliable method for visiting our chat room is to obtain a true IRC client, such as mIRC, PIRCH, IceChat, Chatzilla, or the like. Some are completely free, others charge a small one-time registration fee. I use mIRC and have no problems gaining access to the chat room. You can download StarPIRCH from Starchat.net and that almost guarantees you'll have no trouble entering chat.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Delvianna01

Delvianna01 is on a distinguished road
Alrighty, Thanks guys I will try everything!