Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #6801
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Night, Neuro. No fiddling(N-F's ears might burn).

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #6802
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And everyone is gone???

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #6803
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Still around, thread-hopping.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #6804
kenthepen

How're you, PD?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #6805
L.J.
Liza Jane Doesn't Live Here Anymore

L.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
And everyone is gone???
Shouldn't AW be like New York, the city that never sleeps?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #6806
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I never sleep. Hi LizaJane, hi pd.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #6807
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
How're you, PD?
Good. Cross eyed and about to go to bed, but good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
Hi Night, how are you?

Goodreads

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #6808
kenthepen

Talking

Probably best that it's not. I generally call it a night when I'm the last poster on four or five threads. Like now.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #6809
L.J.

L.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hi, night-flyer. Well, I sleep, but my schedule is wacko.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #6810
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Your avie is wacko, too, Liza. Me likes!

I'm surviving, pd. I think. Ever hear word on your novel, yet?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #6811
kenthepen

Night all. Sweet dreams.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #6812
L.J.

Quote:

LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #6813
L.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
Night all. Sweet dreams.
Good Night
Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #6814
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

Quote:

Yes, the agent liked the characters, loved the tension and interaction, like the plot, and said I had a good strong voice. She told me she loved all these things - and then said she just didn't fall completely in love with the project and was rejecting me.

So I'm good, and I wrote a good book - she just doesn't want it..

And I'm still confused on that, but hey, it is what it is.

Goodreads

Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #6815
night-flyer

Goodnight Ken.

Aw, sorry pd. Some great comments, though. A lot of writers never even get comments just a standard R form. You did sub it right back out didn't you?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #6816
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

Quote:
Goodnight Ken.

Aw, sorry pd. Some great comments, though. A lot of writers never even get comments just a standard R form. You did sub it right back out didn't you?
Yeah, I sent out three more query letters as soon as I got the 'R'. Still waiting for a reply from those.

It's been a week and a half. Still a while for them to come back with reply, I'm sure.... form or not

Goodreads

Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #6817
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

goodnight guys

Goodreads

Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #6818
night-flyer

Her feedback sounded really positive. I bet you're excited, sounds like it'll find a home soon.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #6819
night-flyer

goodnight pd.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #6820
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My latest column is up!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #6821
FabricatedParadise
Can be bribed with circus peanuts

FabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
Yeah, I sent out three more query letters as soon as I got the 'R'. Still waiting for a reply from those.

It's been a week and a half. Still a while for them to come back with reply, I'm sure.... form or not
Hey PD Entranced Publishing has decided to add a YA imprint. We open to submissions on May 1st and will be accepting unagented submissions. I invite you to check out the website and, if you're still looking for a home for your MS, submit to us when we open.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #6822
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning Reppers

Today is hump day here on a three day work week. But the sun is out, and I am very, very tempted to start the Easter break early.

Curse my sense of professional responsibility.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #6823
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm at urgent care for X-ray of Jessies ankle. That's 2what injured kids.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #6824
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ouch. Sorry, Vince.

Your kids just accident prone lately?

(If this was the Horror Hounds I'd suggest SIL has laid a curse on your family in a fit of Hawaiian inspired jealousy... but this is not the Horror Hounds.)

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #6825
FabricatedParadise
Can be bribed with circus peanuts

FabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Aww. Sorry to hear that Vince

Maybe the sheeps theory is correct.
Closed Thread