Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Erotica
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #201
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome, dylan. You may find that such stories are more difficult to market than others, but for every type of story authors like writing, there are readers who like the same thing.

Maryn, firm handshake
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #202
PunkyMunky
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

PunkyMunky is on a distinguished road
I was all set to be another lurker, but then I saw mention of dark chocolate and Ben-wa eggs and decided I had to join you kind-hearted deviants. This place looks like a hoot.
PunkyMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #203
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi there, PunkyMunky! Glad to have you join us.

This time of year, I don't use ben-wa eggs. I go with the Cadbury Creme Eggs instead.

Maryn, who loves those things
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #204
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There's always room for a Munky
Old 03-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #205
PunkyMunky

PunkyMunky is on a distinguished road
Please say we get to play munky in the middle soon <--(that's my "please, oh please, oh please" dance)
PunkyMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #206
Big Kahuna
Recovering from sock monkey trauma

Big Kahuna is on a distinguished road
Hello, all. New to the neighborhood.

...and I very much dig the dancing Snoopy.
Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 AM   #207
dangerousbill
Retired Illuminatus

dangerousbill has a golden reputationdangerousbill has a golden reputationdangerousbill has a golden reputationdangerousbill has a golden reputationdangerousbill has a golden reputationdangerousbill has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancross7 View Post
I like to write erotic stories, some of which push the limits. My themes include coercion, humiliation and semi or non consensual.
Yah, you're skirting the edge of what many publishers will accept. Handled skilfully, it can be done. But there are outlets for that work.

'Lessons at the Edge' - College student and his mother's best friend share an apartment. CAUTION: Explicit, 18+ http://www.amazon.com/Lessons-Edge-P...ns+at+the+edge
Reviewed 'two thumbs up' at Erotica Revealed.
dangerousbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #208
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How do I get the password? From whom, I mean? Yes, I'm over 21. Thx!
“What’s no fair?”
“I don’t want no stupid kid in this house.”
I remember she looks at me kind of like she’s sad and happy at the same time. She goes, “Besides you, you mean?”
I don’t say nothing to that one.
My little blog: /excerpt-from-cherry/
kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #209
Snowybunny12
practical experience, FTW

Snowybunny12 is on a distinguished road
Hi all! Yes I'm a lurker and no I don't write erotica. However being able to write a sex scene is a good skill, so I stalk the boards. I might even ask questions if I'm not feeling shy... So yep- that would be me, delurking from the Erotica Board!
Snowybunny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #210
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome, SnowyBunny!

Your post reminded me of why I originally wrote m/m erotica in fanfic, starting 20 years ago. I'd written an original piece that a long-suffering beta told me contained the *worst* sex scene she'd ever read. So I put in my apprenticeship, learned lots, and eventually came back to original works with a vengeance.

I wish I'd had something like AW and this forum, because I could have learned more, and faster.
Filigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #211
Snowybunny12

Well I look forward to learning more. Hope you guys can get over my inexperience :P
Old 04-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #212
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

We got over our own, so there's hope. Congratulations on your 100th post, too!

Maryn, setting off the 100-post fireworks
Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #213
Snowybunny12

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #214
rachelanna25
Alter writing Ego...Taryn Rae

rachelanna25 is on a distinguished road
Hey Y'all! (said with my sexy or annoying southern twang), I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Rachel, my alter writing ego is Taryn Rae. I joined in 2010 but life drew me away from my dream of writing, but not any more. I am here to mingle with others who have a one track mind and learn as much as I can from those who "know their shit" . My wip is an interracial erotic romance set in the South which I plan to self publish. I obsess over alpha males and like my heroine to be mildly broken but finds her strength thru the alpha hero. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's how I take mine . Okay, I am off to gain knowledge from all these post.
rachelanna25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #215
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome, Rachel! It's a good place to pick up total strangers...er, writing tips.

Fueled by hope and coffee.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #216
dylancross7

dylancross7 is on a distinguished road
I've begun submitting my work on Amazon, and a little on Smashwords. It's been exciting so far, and I already have four titles up there!

I've also been building up a fan base of sorts on Facebook, and have met some interesting people.

One question I guess I would have from other authors... when posting on sites such as Amazon, what's a good way to get readers to go out there and write me a review? Everyone tells me they like my writing, but very few reviews!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #217
nevealane
Snow and Sex is what I know

nevealane is on a distinguished road
I can't say I'm a lurker, just extremely absent minded when it comes to checking all of my 'resources'
nevealane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #218
nevealane
Snow and Sex is what I know

nevealane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancross7 View Post
I've begun submitting my work on Amazon, and a little on Smashwords. It's been exciting so far, and I already have four titles up there!

I've also been building up a fan base of sorts on Facebook, and have met some interesting people.

One question I guess I would have from other authors... when posting on sites such as Amazon, what's a good way to get readers to go out there and write me a review? Everyone tells me they like my writing, but very few reviews!
What I can say is that some are real um 'skittish' when it comes to reviewing erotica. I would say the best bet is to have other authors of the genre who know what they are talking about to review your work. I will volunteer my services, but I'm a busy bee and I've got 15 other reviews before you, but I'm willing to give it a go if you want to send me the link to the buy you would like for me to buy and review.
nevealane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #219
F.C.H.
CF4L

F.C.H. is on a distinguished road
I've recently come to the conclusion that I should stop lurking. I do so very much like dark shadowy corners and my official lurkers cape though. If you're not lurking in a cape you're not doing it right, is what I always say (but nobody hears because I'm luuurrrrking).

However I decided to mend my lurking ways since I started writing Erotica on my phone in public. If I can type naughty words sitting next to a nun on the bus, I can certainly tell strangers on the internets about said naughty words, right? ;-P

So yeah...hello there fellow shameless hussies, shame-filled hussies, shameless non-hussies and the occasional shame-filled non-hussy.
F.C.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #220
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

There is no shame in this forum. Not that I've ever seen.

Welcome, F.C.H. Kudos for writing on your cellphone. I'd get worse gibberish than I usually type.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #221
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Nice to meet you, F.C.H.

Maryn, shameless hussy
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #222
F.C.H.
CF4L

F.C.H. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filigree View Post
Welcome, F.C.H. Kudos for writing on your cellphone. I'd get worse gibberish than I usually type.
It wasn't so much a choice as a necessity originally. My laptop screen decided to play possum and I lasted maybe two days before the need to write overwhelmed my need for a normal-sized keyboard (my phone does have a slide-out full keyboard which does make a big difference; my fat fingers don't do touchscreen keyboards that well).

It was a good experience from the perspective that I probably wouldn't have started writing Erotica otherwise. Normally I write (non-erotic) Fantasy but I found that for some reason I couldn't do that on my phone...something about only being able to see about five lines of text at a time, I think. I was bored and desperate to write (I have terrible handwriting and some joint issues so paper/pen wasn't really an option) and ended up starting a first person romance/erotica story. After realizing I had written almost 20,000 words over a course of four days I decided there was something to the means and/or the story and so have continued on. I don't know if I'll continue writing Erotica after I finish this story but I am certainly enjoying the heck out of writing it right now.
F.C.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #223
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

I had a similar moment, stumbling back into erotic romance and erotica a year ago. Run with it. Treasure the way these moments feel - because sooner or later, you're going to have to summon all that giddy emotion up again.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #224
rihannsu
Mrs. Bruce Wayne

rihannsu is on a distinguished road
Okay, now you all have my curiosity up. How do I get the SYW Erotica password?

And for the record, I'm 37.

I'm working on my first novella. I'm planning on putting it up on Smashwords. God knows it would be great to have someone look it over for me first.

ETA: Never mind. I found out how. PM sent....

My Blog

Twitter

Killer robots! From OUTER SPACE!!

Last edited by rihannsu; 05-04-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Update
rihannsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #225
faith boxwood

faith boxwood is on a distinguished road
Hi! I'm new and delurking. I've always wanted to write erotica and have been encouraged by some friends who used to edit a literary erotica quarterly. At the time, my work seemed more unintentionally funny. So I'm here to learn and have some fun with the genre.
faith boxwood is offline   Reply With Quote