Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Publishing > Self-Publishing: Print, Digital, Papyrus or Clay
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #126
EbookReader
Banned for Spamming

EbookReader is on a distinguished road
Was going to ask for an update but the OP hasn't posted since October. So I clicked on his blog and found this:

January Sales Report
http://derekjcanyon.blogspot.com/201...es-report.html

Royalties - month by month
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MzbMJ1I3zp...nRoyalties.JPG

Last edited by EbookReader; 03-29-2012 at 05:02 PM.
EbookReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #127
Turndog-Millionaire
practical experience, FTW

Turndog-Millionaire is on a distinguished road
A really nice break down. I must say i do like it when authors share this kind of info. Makes for great research for newbies, and allows for a more informed plan to be made.

And a great first year can i just say, to sell that many books in year one is great. Congrats all around

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)

My Blog l Twitter l Facebook l Goodreads
Turndog-Millionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #128
printingray
Banned for Spamming

printingray is on a distinguished road
The only way to get volume sales is by selling through the retail books trade, and that means you need to print copies in advance to place with wholesalers and retailers. That also means that you have to take account of the fact that the retailers will take a very large proportion of your book's cover price which you have to build into your costings. The problem with most self-published books is that they are published 'on demand' and printed digitally in small batches.
printingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #129
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by printingray View Post
The only way to get volume sales is by selling through the retail books trade,

It's not the only way. It's just (overwhelmingly) the most common. There are an increasing number of writers making volume sales via Amazon without ever putting a single book in print. They're a small percentage, but it's working for them.

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #130
Old Hack
crazy mean
SuperModerator

Old Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
printingray has left the building. We don't like spammers here.
Old Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #131
Sarah Renee Crane
Scribbly Dibbling ;)

Sarah Renee Crane is on a distinguished road
Congratulations!
Sarah Renee Crane is offline   Reply With Quote