Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Scripts, Stage, and Screen
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
ShannonR.
<insert witty title here>

ShannonR. is on a distinguished road
Scene by scene?

I have a question. I'm working on a story that started as a novel and will probably continue that way, but I am also thinking of making it a screenplay. There are so many visual elements that can't be seen in a novel! Anyway, do you all write your scripts from beginning to end, or is it 'okay' to write them scene-by-scene and piece them together later? I have several dialogue scenes written for the novel, since that is what I like the most in a story. I don't think it would be hard to piece the scenes together at all, but I wasn't sure how 'pros' worked. Thanks!

This is my first major fiction project. I have nonfiction blogs, written PSAs that only got produced in college and one article about Christianity published on ReligiousTolerance.org, but I've never done fiction before. My education is in electronic media, though.

My Facebook page

My Blog-The Prozac Queen's Court

My AllWomenStalk profile page
ShannonR. is offline   Reply With Quote