Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Religious and Spiritual Writing > Jewish
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Coppertop View Post
There's actually LOTR fanfic erotica?
Oh gawd--you don't want to know.

Really.

And a sub-genre of slash fan-fic about the actors.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?

Last edited by Medievalist; 03-24-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #27
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #28
Rufus Coppertop
Kissy kissy! Numnumnum!

Rufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
Oh gawd--you don't want to know.

Really.
Hmmmmm.

Does it involve the Lord of the Nazgul and Aragorn calling each other 'sugar chops' or ' cuddle pot'?

Quote:
And a sub-genre of slash fan-fic about the actors.
Okay, that's a worry!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
Nekko
New motto: more purr, less hiss

Location: Do you know where the middle of nowhere is? Four miles past that
Nekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thothguard51 View Post
I also would not publish any part of it on line...
I'm a bit late to the game here, and IANAL - but I thought that if you didn't profit from it and they couldn't show a loss, the copyright holder would have no legal grounds to sue you on.
I realize that doesn't mean that they couldn't make your life miserable for quite a while.
It is a shame, your concept sounds like a fun idea.
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #30
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekko View Post
I'm a bit late to the game here, and IANAL - but I thought that if you didn't profit from it and they couldn't show a loss, the copyright holder would have no legal grounds to sue you on.

They absolutely totally would, and they can hire all the lawyers they want.

There's nothing in the statutes that specifies the infringer has to make a dime.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?

Last edited by Medievalist; 07-23-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #31
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Your legal defense is "fair use", as a parodical treatment. Which by no means protects you from being sued. As they have already told you they won't grant permission, I think you'd be well served to write something else, or make your work more generic, not specifically tied by reference to Tolkien's work.

caw
blacbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
Nekko
New motto: more purr, less hiss

Location: Do you know where the middle of nowhere is? Four miles past that
Nekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNekko is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
They absolutely totally would, and they can hire all the lawyers they want.

There's nothing in the statutes that specifies the infringer has to make a dime.
You sound like you've been burned in the past. I humbly bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #33
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Your book sounds very interesting. As I understand it, the dwarves in The Hobbit and LoTR are an allegory for the way Tolkien perceived plight of the Jews.