Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #17501
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
From the tornadoes? AC's all present and 'correct', which is a very good thing, but I heard it got bad in some places.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #17502
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
very bad - entire towns taken out, and there are all these stories of entire families, or only one survivor out of entire families. It's horrible. My family is getting stuff together to send to the red cross - my cousin is a volunteer and is probably going out there with supplies.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 03-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #17503
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That is sad.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #17504
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Monday, funners. Grrrrr.
Those poor people in the Midwest, it's awful.

What's going on in here today?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #17505
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good afternoon, house of lunch.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #17506
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There's your answer, Duchess!

*luncheon jazz hands*
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #17507
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We might not want DM preparing lunch. Remember, she's in California. Her lunches probably include tofu tuna and organic papaya juice.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #17508
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*swats AC on the nose*
HEY!!! I don't even know what tofu is and I make it a rule that I don't eat anything strange. Except artichokes. I love 'em. But they're nearly $5 for just one so I hardly ever have them.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #17509
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

I actually got swatted on the nose by the cat by accident this morning. Bleed like hell.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #17510
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

How much is gas in California now?

I mean the gas you put in a car, not the kind you get after eating refried beans.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #17511
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Now I want some artichoke dip.

Oh ugh. I need to leave in around 30 mins, but I haven't moved past the sit in your robe drinking coffee, stage.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #17512
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
. . . I haven't moved past the sit in your robe drinking coffee, stage.
Ha! That is my job these days.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #17513
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
How much is gas in California now?

I mean the gas you put in a car, not the kind you get after eating refried beans.
$4.37 as of this morning

and guess who has two thumbs and has to go get gas today?

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #17514
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

I have two thumbs too. I thought was the correct number.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #17515
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
good pm HOFunners 'n Floozies! (Lurve sayin' that)! Hope you're all enjoying the day. Wow, Duchess artichokes are that much??? Glad I don't like them. Want s
Old 03-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #17516
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

I have leftover cake, Susie. I saved it just for you. It hasn't even been pre-licked . . . unless the cat has found it.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #17517
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm just glad Monday is almost over.

I'll take some cake too.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #17518
Archerbird
Nightowl

Archerbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That would be a good invention. A device that made it possible to skip Mondays without it making any difference. Like a time machine, or a mechanical doppeltganger. Or a hammer.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #17519
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

We should have an invention contest!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #17520
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

I would like to invent...ah crap, I have no idea. I just don't want to deal with the people I do on a daily basis. I almost punched this woman today. I literally had to walk away, and luckily the other bartender had just arrived. Boyyy howdy.

Last edited by Sydneyd; 03-06-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: I confuse b's with p's
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #17521
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

Violence is never the answer.

Except when it comes to muppets and mice.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #17522
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Ohh you dont know though. She had three options, and kept hollering, "I want both!" I tried to explain that both wasn't an option, BECAUSE THERE WERE THREE!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #17523
alleycat
All you need is yarn.
AW Moderator

Well, in that case, you should have hit her.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #17524
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
LOL.

You could've illustrated your point with fingers.

"Three options!" *hold up thumb* "One!" *hold up index finger* "Two! Can you guess what the third option is?"
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #17525
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

With this ________ person it wouldn't have mattered. The more I think about it, the more I think I should have hit her. On grammar grounds alone.

*angry jazz hands*