Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #876
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
French, Doc has it right (of course ). You didn't do anything to deserve this.

I'd agree that a puppy might not be the best move right now. They require so darn much. I'm struggling with our girl and she's older and my kids are a bit older, too.

Do you have a good support system in place at home? Family, friends, church/temple/?? (((hugs)))
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #877
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm so sorry to hear about your son, French Maiden. You must be out of your mind with worry.

Sending you warm, positive thoughts. I will keep your family in my prayers.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #878
French Maiden
practical experience, FTW

French Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admiration
Thanks everyone, it means so much that we have got so many people thinking of us.

yes, we do have a good support system, my family is wonderful and we have alot of friends standing by us as well.
French Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #879
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 03-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #880
French Maiden

French Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admiration
I've decided I'm going to e-mail Charm's breeder and tell her what has happened, and tell her that it's not possible for us at this time to have a pup, that it wouldnt be in hte best interest of the pup.

I'm also going to tell her that I am interested in a female pup from a future littler (she only breeds every few years) - Hopefully things will have settled down by then nad we will be on easy street once more.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #881
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Maiden View Post

It's been 2 years since my son was first diagnosed and I'm still asking myself 'why us?' it's not like we're bad people, what did we do to deserve all of this?
I read this post yesterday and I've been thinking about it ever since. One thought that keeps returning to mind: Your little boy knew he was going to need strong, loving, supportive parents - so he chose you.

One step at a time; one day at a time; sometimes even, one hour at a time. But get through it you will.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #882
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Maiden View Post
I've decided I'm going to e-mail Charm's breeder and tell her what has happened, and tell her that it's not possible for us at this time to have a pup, that it wouldnt be in hte best interest of the pup.

I'm also going to tell her that I am interested in a female pup from a future littler (she only breeds every few years) - Hopefully things will have settled down by then nad we will be on easy street once more.
I know this is such a hard decision. Puppies are so much work (mine had me up and out before 5 this morning! Yikes!). What about a slightly older dog from a shelter, one who's already housebroken and won't have quite that puppy energy?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #883
French Maiden

I am dissapointed that it has come to this, but at this point in time I simply cant raise a puppy or even dog the way I intend to.
I have to give my full attention to my boys. The one who is sick nad the opne who is going to be missing out on so much because of the medical needs of his brother.

It's not fair on any of us to add more stresses whether by a new pup or an older dog to the mix.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #884
muse

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I know this must have been a very tough decision for you, French Maiden, but I think you've done the right thing - for you, your family, and Charm.

Sometimes the right thing just stinks.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #885
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sure your breeder will understand and you'll have the pick of the liter the next time around.

On Amazon.
HistorySleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #886
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
French Maiden - been thinking about you ever since your post, even though I haven't had much chance to post. I think you're being really strong and brave and I hope things start looking up for you again soon.
Best wishes and loads of hugs,
Z
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #887
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse View Post
I know this must have been a very tough decision for you, French Maiden, but I think you've done the right thing - for you, your family, and Charm.

Sometimes the right thing just stinks.
This.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #888
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Hey, has anyone seen Todd lately? He's been awfully quiet, even for a dad of a new baby...
Old 03-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #889
HistorySleuth

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nope. I think some email nagging may be required.

Edit: No AW posts or tweets since Dec 3rd.

**Goes off to bug Todd**

On Amazon.

Last edited by HistorySleuth; 03-10-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #890
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Good. Thanks, History. I emailed him this morning, so hopefully we'll hear something soon. I imagine it's just busy-with-a-new-baby-ness.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #891
DocBrown
Hopes to one day write for food.

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
Well how about that!

He finds someone new in his life and we get thrown by the wayside...
In an impactful way
While knowing they impact nothing!

My Obligatory Blog: http://trickbrown.com
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #892
HistorySleuth

I know, right? Jeezzzz these author types .....

On Amazon.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #893
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Shakes, I thought of you when I saw this on the Trader Joe's vegan product page:

Quote:
Sir Andrew: "I am a great eater of beef and I believe that does harm to my wit."

Sir Toby: "No question."

William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act I, Scene III
The Bard was pretty funny, huh?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #894
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
In deed he was HJ! He certainly was not beef witted!

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #895
DocBrown
Hopes to one day write for food.

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
Been a ghost town in here this past weekend.

I must be missing something going on in the real world.
In an impactful way
While knowing they impact nothing!

My Obligatory Blog: http://trickbrown.com
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #896
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
Doc the real world at the moment resembles an animated amoeba. Ghost town is far more exciting.

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #897
HistorySleuth

Reality is just a state of mind, Doc. I've been beta reading for an Awer and editing my non-fic. And doctors appts for my grandbaby, my daughter, and son. I don't often get on except for a little bit at night usually.

On Amazon.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #898
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
I'm not sure what reality actually is any more. I've been working, on my eighth day straight and not off again until Thursday, but then I am away this weekend to Germany and next weekend to Rome. Got another five star review for me as a guide on the tour though. On Trip Advisor

And I was supposed to be doing an interview today for a podcast sort of thing, web radio, about ghosts and stuff but the guy couldn't get his equipment working (insert innuendo here).

I need to start on my WIP thought now I know what needs done, but I need to basically scrap the 12,000 words I have and start fresh and it's a bit daunting, plus my MC, Val, has stopped talking to me, besides telling me he doesn't want short hair.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #899
muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Been a ghost town in here this past weekend.

I must be missing something going on in the real world.
There's a real world! And it has a ghost town?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #900
HistorySleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
I need to start on my WIP thought now I know what needs done, but I need to basically scrap the 12,000 words I have and start fresh and it's a bit daunting, plus my MC, Val, has stopped talking to me, besides telling me he doesn't want short hair.
Humph. I'd fix his butt but good. He wants long hair, does he now? I say give him a mullet until he starts talking.

On Amazon.