Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW Library > The LIBRARIAN
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #76
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MumblingSage View Post
I would like to change the title of my thread in the Romance/Women's Lit genre (currently T.C. Mill) to include my second byline (T.L.K. Arkenberg) used for a book coming out in January. Is there a particular mod I should PM about that?
If you can't change it yourself, PM me with what you want it to say, and I'll take care of it.

That said, I think you'd be better served to have two threads, one for each name and a note near the top of the first post that says "Also writes as —" with a link.

And if you do want to do that, I'll help you with that, too.

Just think about what you'd like, and let me know.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #77
MumblingSage
Inarticulate Herb

MumblingSage should run for PresidentMumblingSage should run for PresidentMumblingSage should run for PresidentMumblingSage should run for PresidentMumblingSage should run for PresidentMumblingSage should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
If you can't change it yourself, PM me with what you want it to say, and I'll take care of it.

That said, I think you'd be better served to have two threads, one for each name and a note near the top of the first post that says "Also writes as —" with a link.

And if you do want to do that, I'll help you with that, too.

Just think about what you'd like, and let me know.
I'm willing to do that, but I wasn't sure if I should clutter up the fora with my posts (this will be the 3rd byline I'll have a thread for). But I know how to create new threads and link between them, so I can do that. Thanks for the advice.
Currently: Juggling multiple WIPs, including sequels
Love Stories on Tumblr/Library
Current projects: Editing the historical that came out of nowhere
MumblingSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #78
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
are my covers too big? is there a way to reduce them? --s6
shakeysix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #79
Roger J Carlson
Moderation in All Things
AW Moderator

Roger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeysix View Post
are my covers too big? is there a way to reduce them? --s6
Your covers look fine to me.
Roger J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #80
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
thank you
shakeysix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #81
still alive
practical experience, FTW

still alive is on a distinguished road
Hi. I've been on and off AW for years, but I have no idea of my posting count. How can I determine if I'm eligible to post my novel in the library?

Thanks.
still alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #82
still alive

Sorry, I just saw them listed on the right side. I guess I'm eligible!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #83
still alive

what do I do to get my novel listed in the library? I tried new thread and new post and neither worked.

Help, please.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #84
Roger J Carlson
Moderation in All Things
AW Moderator

Roger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by still alive View Post
what do I do to get my novel listed in the library? I tried new thread and new post and neither worked.

Help, please.
I asked an admin to look at your account and there isn't any reason that she could see to prevent you from creating a new thread.

Which library are you trying to post in?
Roger J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #85
Trevor Bruhn

Trevor Bruhn is a shiny, shiny jewelTrevor Bruhn is a shiny, shiny jewel
No dumb questions but the unasked ones? (test)

Stumped. Trying to slip short digestible segments of the 22k word novella on the SYW board (erotica) for critiques, while it stems out of an earlier novella I haven't asked for crits on. Neither published, and they are so interstitial I doubt they ever could be. Library is only for links to published stuff: is there anywhere here (both stories, in rawer form, are on a wordpress site) to post WIPs one can refer readers to without burdening the SYW boards? Have had excellent crits from Maryn, Tedi S., Dangerous Bill, Scott Cole and others, but I hate asking any of these generous folk to dump more time into reading a back story.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #86
SRHowen
Erotica is not a four letter word!

SRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputation
My latest release is cross genre, can I list it under more than one genre?
SRHowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #87
Ari Meermans
MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Up to two, yes.
Ari Meermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #88
SRHowen
Erotica is not a four letter word!

SRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Meermans View Post
Up to two, yes.
Happy happy happy!
SRHowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:13 AM   #89
Misa Buckley
Writer of Weird Love Stories

Misa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputation
Can my thread [http://absolutewrite.com/forums/show....php?t=248901] be moved from sci fi to romance please?
Old 12-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #90
Ari Meermans
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Certainly. And, done.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #91
Misa Buckley
Writer of Weird Love Stories

Misa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputation
Thank you
Old 10-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #92
Fallen
"School? Mum, no!"

Fallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can I just ask, if a short story has been published on it's own and is then later put into an anthology, am I allowed to put the anothology release details and cover in the post where the short story is already located in the library? Or would you prefer that I just create a new post in my thread for the anthology?

(It just doesn't seem right having a new post in my thread if it's all to do with the same story). *Shrugs hopelessly*

Website

2013 Rainbow Honorable Mention Award (Don't)

2014 Rainbow Honorable Mention Award (Antidote)
2014 Rainbow Award Finalist Gay Mystery/thriller (Antidote)

Last edited by Fallen; 10-19-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #93
Ari Meermans
AW Moderator

Whether it's in a collection or an anthology, it's a separate release to the single, yes? I'd suggest a new thread.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #94
Fallen
"School? Mum, no!"

Fallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Whether it's in a collection or an anthology, it's a separate release to the single, yes? I'd suggest a new thread.
Thank you, Ari!

Yes, they're seperate releases (just the same story). I'll follow Veinglory's post on naming all the authors and underlining my name.

Website

Old 10-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #95
Ari Meermans
AW Moderator

Fallen, my apologies. My brain hadn't yet switched from AE&BP to the Library. Please post in your existing Library thread using the anthology format.

Ari, who was setting herself up for a linking issue

Last edited by Ari Meermans; 10-19-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #96
Fallen
"School? Mum, no!"

Quote:
Fallen, my apologies. My brain hadn't yet switched from AE&BP to the Library. Please post in your existing Library thread using the anthology format.

Ari, who was setting herself up for a linking issue
Lol, it's okay. I'll list it in my existing, under t'other ones I have in there. And anthology format it is.

Website

Old 05-15-2014, 04:27 AM   #97
wonderactivist

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
Ari, sorry to bother you but I don't want to break the rules by accident. I already have a thread for my mysteries but have been mostly arts writing lately for magazines, published a memoir in a literary travel journal and have a poem about to come out in an anthology.

Do I start a different thread in each category?

The magazine work is too constant to keep listing, so is it okay if I just reference a sample and say, "ongoing contributor" and then link to their archive?

From what I can see, the much-longer literary memoir goes in the same place as the regular magazine work. Is that correct? I don't mind either way, just confirming.

Thanks,

Lucie
Old 05-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #98
Ari Meermans
AW Moderator

Hi, Lucie

No bother, atall. You are allowed one author thread in each genre in which you write; so, if you write mysteries, horror, and romance (for instance), you'd have three author pages--one in each genre category. If a work is a cross-over and could theoretically be classed in two separate genres, then you may list that work in your author pages for both genres (maximum is 2 listings for the same work).

If your magazine work is too constant to list each article--and I congratulate you on that--you may list as you propose. Be aware, though, folks might not want to keep chasing down your work by checking links; in other words, an article title and content blurb might catch someone's interest where they wouldn't necessarily look for a specific author. If your memoir was published in a magazine, then yes, that's fine.

Just a reminder: you can promote your current articles in AE&BP, as well as promoting books.

Did any of that help?

Ari

Last edited by Ari Meermans; 05-15-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 AM   #99
wonderactivist

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
Yes, very helpful. A lot of my writing is for regional magazines so I never would have thought to list them there, but I have a few nationals and will most definitely list the OutsideIn piece. It was critiqued in SYW.

Thanks a lot!

Lucie