Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > NaNoWriMo and Beyond
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #51
Thump
defying grabbity

Thump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolness
I got 50,009 words at 6 pm yesterday Mmmh, purple bar of goodness! The story is nowhere near finished but I think I'll use December to go back to last year's nano which has become my main WIP this year...
I'd say the main lesson to take from Stephen King's working life is: He's never stopped working. He's written sober. He's written drunk. He's written while recovering from horrendous injuries. He's written while working maggotty laundry jobs. He's written on long after he could have snuggled down into his royalties for the rest of his life.

Damn good lesson, that.
Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #52
Yeshanu
Elf Queen

Yeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have to say -- I just looked at my buddy list, and I have more purple buddies this year than in any previous year. Congrats to everyone!
Yeshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #53
bdwilson
Dedicated Lurker

bdwilson is well-respected
Congratulations everyone!

I called this book done at 63,000 words, and managed get all my green squares this year!
Now I can do next year without obsessing over that :P
bdwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #54
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
congrats to all the nano winners! s 4 all!
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #55
Yeshanu
Elf Queen

Yeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwilson View Post
Congratulations everyone!

I called this book done at 63,000 words, and managed get all my green squares this year!
Now I can do next year without obsessing over that :P
That's my goal for next year. I got 15 green squares, 11 yellow, and 4 orange. NO red! Go me!

And if anyone's curious, I compared the colours with my daily word counts:

Red = 0, of course
Orange = less than 500
Yellow = 500 to 1667
Green = more than 1667
Yeshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #56
Kevans
Fish from another stream

Kevans is well-respected
I validated on the 26th, lost about 800 words... (open office counts some weird things as words) Three years three wins, but this years work is only about half done, now to keep chopping away at it.

Congrats all,
Kevin
(Gunns in nano)
Kevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #57
ebennet68
Avoids editing by procrastinating

ebennet68 has earned our admirationebennet68 has earned our admirationebennet68 has earned our admirationebennet68 has earned our admiration
Had to crank out over 7000 words on the last day to make it but I did it! Whew!!

"If a teacher told me to revise, I thought that meant my writing was a broken-down car that needed to go to the repair shop. I felt insulted. I didn't realize the teacher was saying, 'Make it shine. It's worth it.' Now I see revision as a beautiful word of hope. It's a new vision of something. It means you don't have to be perfect the first time. What a relief!" —Naomi Shihab Nye
ebennet68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #58
Satsya
slow and steady

Satsya is well-respected
...I just realized from a post of Yeshanu's that I forgot to validate my work after hitting 50k. I'd been wondering why I hadn't gotten anything celebratory.

I guess that means I can't get access to any of the winner stuff, either. Ah well. I finished, so it's a win for me.

Last edited by Satsya; 12-04-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Satsya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #59
Lainey
practical experience, FTW

Lainey is a shiny, shiny jewelLainey is a shiny, shiny jewel
I haven't posted here in a bit (derp) but I got to just over 50k around day 29. Congrats everyone :3

Don't get it right, just get it written.
- James Thurber

twitter / facebook
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #60
Mr. Pocket Keeper

Mr. Pocket Keeper is well-respected
Congratulations, everyone.

This was my first NaNo, and I am proud of myself for winning.

It exhausted me, though. Don't know how people get to 80 or 90,000 words lol.

Still, what an awesome experience. I loved every minute of it, and I am already excited about next year's.
Mr. Pocket Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #61
bdwilson
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshanu View Post
NO red! Go me!
Whoot! That is excellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshanu View Post
And if anyone's curious, I compared the colours with my daily word counts:

Red = 0, of course
Orange = less than 500
Yellow = 500 to 1667
Green = more than 1667
I had been wondering where the cut offs were for the other colours, thank you!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #62
bdwilson
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsya View Post
...I just realized from a post of Yeshanu's that I forgot to validate my work after hitting 50k. I'd been wondering why I hadn't gotten anything celebratory.

I guess that means I can't get access to any of the winner stuff, either. Ah well. I finished, so it's a win for me.
It might be worth trying for the late validation workaround:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/forums/t.../threads/45838

I don't know what the requirements are, or when the cut off is, but I can't see how it'd hurt to send it in
Old 12-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #63
Satsya
slow and steady

Satsya is well-respected
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwilson View Post
It might be worth trying for the late validation workaround:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/forums/t.../threads/45838

I don't know what the requirements are, or when the cut off is, but I can't see how it'd hurt to send it in
Thanks for the link! I'll have to give it a try. Hopefully she's not too overloaded with requests.

Last edited by Satsya; 12-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Satsya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #64
LawrenceElliott

LawrenceElliott has a spectacular aura
Congrats to everyone who won NaNoWriMo 2011! I finished mine on day 29, so I'm a bit slower than most of you.

Also, if you competed and didn't win, you are to be congratulated on your effort. I didn't win until my second try, so you can do it next year! This was my second win out of 4 tries.