Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Nonfiction
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Snow
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Snow is on a distinguished road
Book Proposal Question

This question has probably been asked a hundred times before but I just wanted to know if the different sections of a book proposal are supposed to be labelled. I know roughly that there are supposed to be sections or paragraphs about marketing and stuff like that but I don't know if in the structure of the book proposal, you're supposed to label them as such.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Damir
figuring it all out

Damir is on a distinguished road
I did so.
Damir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes, absolutely. You should also start each section a new page if sending the proposal as an attachment. If pasting onto an email, just be sure your labels stand out from the rest of your text.
Purple Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
susangpyp
practical experience, FTW

susangpyp is on a distinguished road
Yes, they have to be labeled. Separating everything into sections helped me a lot to keep things straight. In fact, I would take one section with me to work and work on it during lunch or commuting. This helped me by forcing me to deal with the sections I hated to write (marketing).

Getting Past Your Breakup: How To Turn A Devastating Loss Into The Best Thing That Ever Happened To You (Da Capo Lifelong Books 2009).

Getting Back Out There: Secrets to Successful Dating and Finding Real Love After The Big Breakup (Da Capo Lifelong Books) Available April 2014

BLOG: Getting Past Your Breakup

susangpyp is offline   Reply With Quote