Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW Library > Children's/Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Gary Clarke
Knackered

Gary Clarke has earned our admirationGary Clarke has earned our admirationGary Clarke has earned our admirationGary Clarke has earned our admiration
Kiernan, Celine

Title: The Poison Throne: Moorehawke I
Author: Celine Kiernan
Publication Date: October 2008
Publisher: Orbit UK/US, Allen and Unwin AUS/NZ, Hyene/Bertlesman, Brilliance Audio
Format: print, ebook, audiobook
ISBN: ISBN 13: 9781841498218 ISBN 10: 1841498211
Price: $00.00
Logline:YOUNG WYNTER MOOREHAWKE RETURNS TO COURT WITH HER DYING FATHER. BUT HER OLD HOME IS CLOAKED IN FEAR. Once benevolent King Jonathon is now a violent despot, terrorising his people while his son Alberon plots a coup from exile. Then darkness spreads as the King appoints Alberon's half-brother Razi as heir. Wynter must watch her friend obey his father's untenable commands, as those they love are held to ransom. And at the heart of matters lies a war machine so lethal that none dare speak of it. The kingdom would belong to its master, yet the consequences of using it are too dire to consider. But temptation has ever been the enemy of reason.
Link: Buy at The Book Depository or Amazon
Link to author's website: Celine Kiernan's blog

I blog: www.celinekiernan.wordpress.com/blog/
I tweet: @Celine_Kiernan

Last edited by Gary Clarke; 11-03-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Gary Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Gary Clarke
Knackered

Gary Clarke has earned our admirationGary Clarke has earned our admirationGary Clarke has earned our admirationGary Clarke has earned our admiration
Title: The Crowded Shadows: Moorehawke II
Publication Date: October 2009
Publisher: Orbit UK/US, Allen and Unwin AUS/NZ, Hyene/Bertlesman, Brilliance Audio
ISBN: ISBN 13: 9781841498225 ISBN 10: 184149822X
Logline:Wynter Moorehawke has fled the dangers of court for bandit-infested forests, seeking exiled prince Alberon. But more than just thieves lurk in these shadows. Every tyrant and zealot who has ever threatened the kingdom is sending emissaries to meet Alberon, whose motivations seem unclear. Razi and Christopher had also set out to track Alberon, and find Wynter as enemies close in. With a savage wolf clan on their heels, they must seek sanctuary with the nomadic Merron. But this leaves them enmeshed in a net of sinister and forbidden ritual. Their safety and the kingdom's future will depend on a web of alliances and hostilities. And Alberon and his war machine sit at its heart.

Last edited by Gary Clarke; 11-03-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Gary Clarke
Knackered

Title: The Rebel Prince: Moorehawke III
Publication Date: October 2010
ISBN: ISBN 13: 9781841498232 ISBN 10: 1841498238
Logline:Wynter is at last reunited with the exiled Prince Alberon, as he plots insurgency from his forest encampment. But she is losing faith with her companions, as they attempt to drive Alberon's plans in different directions. Caught between Razi's complex diplomacy, Alberon's desire for martial strength and Christopher's fierce personal loyalty, Wynter finds herself torn. Can she combine these philosophies, and find a way to heal the rift between king and heir? Or will each side destroy the other, causing Wynter to lose everything she holds dear? She fears the answers lie veiled in conflict and loss.

Last edited by Gary Clarke; 11-03-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Gary Clarke
Knackered

Title: Taken Away/ Into the Grey
Publication Date: October 2011
Publisher: OBrien, Allen and Unwin AUS/NZ
Format: print
ISBN: ISBN 13: 9781847171641 ISBN 10: 1847171648
Logline:I think the fire changed us - me and Dom. Though I didn't feel much different at first, I think something inside of us opened up, or woke up. I think, all at once, we began to understand how easily things are broken and taken and lost. It was like walking through a door: on one side was the warm, cosy sitting room of our childhood; on the other, a burnt-out shell of ash and char.
I think that's how the goblin boy was able to see us. Though he'd been there for every summer of our childhood - mine and Dom's - we'd only been stupid boys until then. Stupid, happy, ignorant boys. And what in hell would he have had in common with two stupid boys? But after the fire we were different. We were maybe a little bit like him. And so he saw us, at last, and he thought he'd found a home...
Link: Buy at The Book Depository or Allen and Unwin