Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Erotica
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #101
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Am I going to have a kill a mailman? I don't think I can do that.

(Although the bozo we used to have, I'd have been tempted. I don't expect perfection, but when we get no mail at all for three days, then receive so much the big box won't hold it all? Right. Plus the mis-deliveries that progressed from frequent to daily? Puh-leeze.)

Maryn, done ranting, on this one subject
Old 06-28-2010, 03:49 AM   #102
Marcus Avenier
chasing my tail

Marcus Avenier is on a distinguished road
I like it where the seasonal changes are minor. Snow makes me wither up and die inside. I'm such a delicate flower. lul
Old 06-28-2010, 04:26 AM   #103
Synonym
This too will come, someday...

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I like the seasons and the changes. Not real fond of some of the driving conditions that results in though.

If I were your mailman (woman) these things would not happen. Unless I was having a very, very bad day.

Synonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 AM   #104
Siren of Triton
figuring it all out

Siren of Triton is on a distinguished road
This may have been asked already, but - any reason why the Erotica age requirement is 21 and not 18?

If you are 18-20, you are a legal adult (at least in the U.S.) and it seems like you should be considered "mature enough" to read that stuff.
Siren of Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #105
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren of Triton View Post
This may have been asked already, but - any reason why the Erotica age requirement is 21 and not 18?

If you are 18-20, you are a legal adult (at least in the U.S.) and it seems like you should be considered "mature enough" to read that stuff.
It's because international law as applied to the Internet is less specific--and there are age variations about legality even in the U.S.

Better safe than sorry.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #106
amrose
is Envy Augustine

amrose leaves trails of profuse coolnessamrose leaves trails of profuse coolnessamrose leaves trails of profuse coolnessamrose leaves trails of profuse coolnessamrose leaves trails of profuse coolness
I'm a new lurker. I've been researching erotica since I discovered in my current WIP that I love writing sex. Didn't even know I did until I did it. Thanks for the welcoming sticky!
amrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #107
Synonym

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
welcome amrose. Nice to 'meet' you.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #108
jenrising
eep!

jenrising is on a distinguished road
I'm starting my New Years resolution a few days early. That means actually posting something on this forum. I've been reading it for months and just signed up a few days ago.

I've gotten some wonderful ideas, and a ton of good laughs from you folks. Not to mention the courage to actually try and get some of my work published for the first time.

So, that's a long-winded way to say, Hello!
jenrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #109
firedrake
practical experience, FTW

firedrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
oooh!

Fresh meat.

Welcome and enjoy!
firedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #110
Synonym

Cool.

She has no idea about the "Bordello" yet, does she? LOL

Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 AM   #111
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sssssh, Syn!

Don't scare the newbies away.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:45 AM   #112
Synonym

ROTF

Old 12-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #113
jenrising
eep!

If mention of a bordello scared me away I'd really be in the wrong forum.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 AM   #114
Synonym

This is true. LOL

The Bordello is where we yak, blow off steam, goof around and generally have fun. Since it's password protected...you have to get the 'sekrit' word to get in and see what happens behind the scenes.

When and if you're ready to post in SYW or see how bad we really are, you have to PM one of our Mods for the password. El Montague or Veinglory--and you have to be twenty-one. Still interested? PM them with your birthdate and ask.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #115
jenrising
eep!

I've just emailed for the secret password. Synonym, you must be living inside my head. There's plenty of company up there so I don't notice new visitors.

I'm curious and a little frightened to see what you all get up to in private. Since all the best things are scary and exciting, I can't wait.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #116
Synonym

It's not 'that' bad. LOL Be prepared to see discussions on about anything though. From the mundane to the 'oh God'. Whatever you do, don't let it bother you if your post isn't immediately answered. Sometimes the comments fly pretty fast. We'll catch up and make a smart remark, laugh or actually answer.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #117
Boston Steve
Benefactor Member

Boston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrose View Post
I'm a new lurker. I've been researching erotica since I discovered in my current WIP that I love writing sex. Didn't even know I did until I did it. Thanks for the welcoming sticky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrising View Post
I'm starting my New Years resolution a few days early. That means actually posting something on this forum. I've been reading it for months and just signed up a few days ago.

I've gotten some wonderful ideas, and a ton of good laughs from you folks. Not to mention the courage to actually try and get some of my work published for the first time.

So, that's a long-winded way to say, Hello!
Welcome fresh meat newbies!
Boston Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #118
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm just back from the cleaners, where they said they got the Moosehead of Newbie Initiation clean but charged extra for certain kinds of stain removal.

Each newcomer provides his or her own underwear, of course.

Maryn, not responsible for loss or damage
Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #119
Angyl78
practical experience, FTW

Angyl78 leaves trails of profuse coolnessAngyl78 leaves trails of profuse coolnessAngyl78 leaves trails of profuse coolnessAngyl78 leaves trails of profuse coolnessAngyl78 leaves trails of profuse coolness
Passing thru really quick. Hoping for some ideas as I was assigned this genre for my turn on the blog chain this month.
Man......

blog: A Writers Blog

Shoulders and Zippers is out now!!

I am in here This Time Around: Voyage

Page 228! It's a great anthology.

Angyl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #120
Boston Steve
Benefactor Member

Boston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBoston Steve is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #121
Satori1977
Listening to the Voices In My Head

Satori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome all the newbies!!

Richard Castle

Satori1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #122
BJThornton
Writer, and stuff.

BJThornton is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm Beej. I've stopped through Absolute Write a few times, but today I wandered upon a post in this section and had to join. I usually dabble in romance, but I've been trying my hand at erotica lately. So I'm here to lend my support to this genre. Looking forward to knowing you.
BJThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:21 AM   #123
Boston Steve
Benefactor Member

Hai, and welcome.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #124
Synonym

With a nickname like Beej, where else would you possibly want to be?

Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 AM   #125
BJThornton
Writer, and stuff.

BJThornton is on a distinguished road
Lol, Syn.

Blog
BJThornton is offline   Reply With Quote