Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > TIO
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2006, 07:47 AM   #151
DamaNegra
Mexican on the loose!

DamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had six piercings in my ear at one time. Three of them had to go because of infections, and later on I did another one (myself).

Yet, I can't get over the pain of the infections and I would NOT want to go through that in the genital area, thank you very much.

DamaNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:51 AM   #152
WVWriterGirl
Inked Mom

WVWriterGirl is a splendid one to beholdWVWriterGirl is a splendid one to beholdWVWriterGirl is a splendid one to behold
If you're a clean person (i.e., bath or shower daily) and follow the instructions from the piercer, the risk of infection is no more than a bellybutton ring (believe me, I've seen some nasty bellybutton infections). I had no problem at all - no infection, no pain afterward; I was even able to drive the 1 hour to get home the day it was done.
Loving Wife and Mommy;
Writer of Fantasy & Horror Novels & Shorts; and a
Person Without a Personal Webpage.
WVWriterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #153
DamaNegra
Mexican on the loose!

DamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah but I'm still a coward

Old 01-20-2006, 08:08 AM   #154
BradyH1861
Hold Fast.

BradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We are not allowed to have earings or facial hair for safety reasons. My brother went out and got an earring when he was in High School. Daddy made him put on a dress and wear it around the house all day. The next day, the earring was gone.

Daddy is kind of old fashioned.

"Redheads are God's way of giving the World roses."
BradyH1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #155
Shwebb
She's the creepy-looking dude
AW Moderator

Shwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
One place I could never get pierced is my tongue--I'm sure I'd just bang that thing against my teeth all day long.

Shwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:12 AM   #156
BradyH1861
Hold Fast.

BradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBradyH1861 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mrs. BradyH had her tongue pierced when I first met her. She stopped wearing it shortly thereafter. I didn't really care for it. I didn't ask her to take it out though. She did it on her own.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #157
mkcbunny
Bufflehead

mkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwebb
One place I could never get pierced is my tongue--I'm sure I'd just bang that thing against my teeth all day long.
Me, too. I would fiddle it to death. And I hate talking to someone with a tongue piercing who plays with it while you're talking to them. I would probably wind up being that person.
mkcbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:38 PM   #158
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiTheWicked
Pain is relative. If you train yourself, pain doesn't have to hurt much.
That's what I did when I got my nose pierced. I just reverted to a little light Lamaze breathing, closed my eyes and "went out" for a bit. Not quite out of body, but sorta in limbo. Then he patted me on the knee and I came back - it was over. I hadn't planned on it, but hubby turned twelve shades of green when he got his Labret piercing. After watching him in that chair not responding to the guy who pierced him...and looking all glazed eyed, I was determined that I wasn't gonna do that. (As a side note, the piercer told us that hubby's was a normal and pretty common reaction. Your adrenaline gets high before the piercing and then you can shut down pretty easily in the moment. It really was freaky - hubby sat there staring at the ceiling while the guy was leaned over him talking to him - he didn't say anything and acted like he couldn't even hear him...and then he almost puked!!)

Contrary to popular belief, I think the line between being direct and being rude is not thin, and most people are fully aware of when they have crossed it.

Come see some familiar faces at:

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:36 AM   #159
sassandgroove
Sassy & Mr. Groove

sassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Have to ask, Carole, what is a Labret peircing? Do I want to know?

Y'all are braver than me, I keep my peircings to my ears, I have four in my left ear and two in my right. I realized after the last set that I get my ears peirced when i forget how much it hurt the time before. And I don't mean at the store, I mean the healing process.

As for body hair, I've had a battle with that since I was 11 or 12. A girl at school, who was popular, advised me after gym in the locker room that maybe I should shave. Mom didn't shave much, but got me a razor. I have a lot of hair. I noticed though that it grows sporatically on my upper legs now, but alas not my lower. I made the mistake of shaving my toes and the little spot on my foot when I was about 15. It grew back all wiry, where before it was thin and laid down nicely, so now, 15 years later, I still have to shave them. Once when I was teaching preschool, I had a new pedicure with butterflies on my big toe nails. madisen was admiring the butterflies, I thought, then looked up at me and said, "You have a hairy toe." Thanks kid. I also shave my arm pits rather regulary. More now that I am married, though I've noticed Hubby doesn't notice, or at least doesn't say anything, if I have some stubble, either on my legs or pits. He will comment when I have just shaved my legs, but that is because I'll put my leg in his lap and basically beg for a compliment. I started trimming down there when I was contemplating activities involving that area. Hubby is appreciative, which of course benefits me. But I only trim, when I shave, mega itchville. I have a lot of hair on my arms, but i figured as a teen that if I started shaving my arms, it would act like my foot hair and stop laying down like a well behaved hair should, so i left it alone. In the summer the sun bleaches it and it is not as noticeable. Hmm...maybe I could bleach it my self... anyway...I have this mole, a gift from my mom, under my chin that grew like three really long hairs. I used to just whack it w/ a razor now and then when I was shaving my legs, but my college roomie mentioned it once and suggested tweezers. Ugh. The bane of my existence. Because sometimes the wrong ones would get tweezed, and they grew back in thicker so now there is this whole area of hair, not just three strands, and I am constantly aware of it and picking. I carry a tweezer in my purse and keep one at work and in both bathrooms at home, to pluck the rouge hairs as soon as I notice them so that i won't constantly pick at them all day with my fingers, which don't work as well as tweezers.

I tried the au natural bit, growing all my hair in. BUt you peole who say it grows back the same, you are lucky. Even after waiting a while, my hair never grew in the way it had before I had shaved. On my legs it goes every which way and is wiry. If you like it great, but I feel so pretty and clean when I am all neatly shaved and groomed.

Leela, the bringer of joy, Hoshi, little sweetness and light in a dark package, and Garrus, the buddy boy
(image on flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennymocha/8662266835/)

Last edited by sassandgroove; 01-21-2006 at 03:12 AM. Reason: typo schmypo..i left out a whole word.
sassandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:50 AM   #160
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyH1861
My brother went out and got an earring when he was in High School. Daddy made him put on a dress and wear it around the house all day. The next day, the earring was gone.

Daddy is kind of old fashioned.
That would have really backfired on old fashioned Daddy if Brother had liked wearing the dress.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:53 AM   #161
BradyH1861
Hold Fast.

True.

Old 01-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #162
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
~laughing~

Sass, it sounds kinkier than it is. It's a piercing in the center, just below the bottom lip. He usually just wears a stud, but he also wears a long curved spike. Since I don't have any pictures of hubby that clearly show the piercing, this is a link to a pic of David from Disturbed. He's the cute bald guy with two fangs poking out of his lip. Hubby has one that's centered rather than two.

http://www.videostatic.com/photos/un...xdisturbed.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, I think the line between being direct and being rude is not thin, and most people are fully aware of when they have crossed it.

Come see some familiar faces at:

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #163
DamaNegra
Mexican on the loose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole
By the way...never - NEVER do a google image search for "David Disturbed".

I'm going to be sick.
That's like putting a huge neon sign saying: DO A GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH FOR DAVID DISTURBED!! heheh

Old 01-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #164
SpookyWriter
Banned

SpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamaNegra
That's like putting a huge neon sign saying: DO A GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH FOR DAVID DISTURBED!! heheh
Well? Did you fall for it or not???
SpookyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #165
PattiTheWicked
Unleashing Hell.

PattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ewww.
PattiTheWicked is offline   Reply With Quote