Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Fran
Slate grey mole person

Fran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
America is getting Jeremy Kyle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8478776.stm

I don't know what grave sin Americans have committed but to get Jeremy Kyle as punishment it must have been truly evil.

If all you lovely Americans like him, feel free to keep him. If you want to chain him to something heavy to prevent his escape, well, that's just the way it goes. Sometimes extreme measures are needed. Maybe take his passport off him. I'm sure you'll think of something.

WIPs - The Karma Keeper Urban fantasy/magical realism thingie 44,397 of 85,000

The Poison Master 128 of 85,000

The Judgement Tree 1,028 of 85,000

Family history, complete. Awaiting copy from Createspace.

Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Rarri
Fizz. Kersplat. Bang.

Rarri is a shiny, shiny jewelRarri is a shiny, shiny jewel
Is this because over here he's been told off by a judge once too often?
Hobbes: "What's misunderstood about you?"
Calvin: "Nobody thinks I'm a genius."
Rarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Fran
Slate grey mole person

Fran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
All the money's in America. Unless the Americans think he's a worthless gobshite who taunts vulnerable and possibly mentally ill people for a living. But I've no idea why they would think that.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I already don't like him.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sounds like he'll fit in well with the crap that we already have here.

I'm on maternity leave so I've had a chance to check out some daytime programming. Are people really as crazy as they seem on Springer, Maury, and all the court shows?

Damn I feel much better about myself when I see these hilljacks trashin' up my t.v.
Gretad08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
SPMiller
Prodigiously Hanged

SPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSPMiller is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretad08 View Post
Damn I feel much better about myself when I see these hilljacks trashin' up my t.v.
And this is why the shows exist.
SPMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMiller View Post
And this is why the shows exist.

Well then, I guess someone out there in t.v.land is thinking of the greater good, ya know, boosting our self-confidence and all
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Unless the Americans think he's a worthless gobshite who taunts vulnerable and possibly mentally ill people for a living.
This was probably the "pitch" for the show.

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook

More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Fran
Slate grey mole person

Quote:
That's what I don't quite understand. I have no idea what American television offers its daytime viewers but I find it hard to believe there isn't someone somewhere in America doing a similar thing. I don't see what's unique about Kyle, unless of course you count the judicial censures rarri mentioned.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Eh. He'll go to the vast wasteland that is daytime TV. I've never watched, don't intend to start.
Quote:
I'm on maternity leave so I've had a chance to check out some daytime programming.
I've been unemployed for months, I've never even been curious enough to watch.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
Don
All Living is Local

Don is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

I'm on maternity leave so I've had a chance to check out some daytime programming. Are people really as crazy as they seem on Springer, Maury, and all the court shows?

Bad news, Greta. Those aren't just hilljacks. They're voters.

Economics puts parameters on people’s utopias. ~Peter Boettke
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest. ~Don
The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today. ~Don
The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. ~Mahatma Gandhi
The executive of the modern state is nothing but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.~Karl Marx

I tend to blame the Feds for Don, actually.
If they'd get it right, we wouldn't need Don pointing out that they'd gotten it wrong.
~ Medievalist
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hilljack?

ETA:OK. Googled it.

1)inbred, backwoods, mullet wearin, coors light drinkin, govt cheese eatin, chat room trolling, c.o.p.s. watchin, 4x4_dually_quad cab_with the calvin sticker drivin, old_couch_on_the_porch sittin, bowlin alley hangin, cow shit flingin, grade repeatin, gots me a double wide, waste of human space/space of human waste.

2)people that argue over which tastes better, budweiser or coors? or which truck is the best, ford, chevy or dodge?

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I turned down the chance to appear on Jezza.

His show, I mean. Not actually on him.

Swearz.
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #14
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Another Springer? Tell me it isn't so. Sigh. Well, there must be a market for it or he wouldn't be getting a show here. It's sad that so many loved that kind of stuff.

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #15
Gretad08
just think about it

That's you Don...I'm censoring you. Never remind us of that again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Bad news, Greta. Those aren't just hilljacks. They're voters.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #16
jilly61
aye aye in search of an agent

jilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjilly61 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You have my sympathy. See one of his programmes and you've seen them all. The man's a waste of space.

Course you could always go straight to Amazon.
jilly61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #17
Norman D Gutter
Engineer Sonneteer

Norman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for PresidentNorman D Gutter should run for President
who?

My author page at Amazon's Kindle Store.
Norman D Gutter is offline   Reply With Quote