Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #76
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangpilot View Post
So I've decided I'm wasting my time. You and others have made up your minds and no amount of new data or logic will ever change it.
You are posting no data and no facts to back up what you're saying. It's all your opinion and theory, which is fine, but we're not all ignorant just because we don't buy it.

Quote:
May God have mercy on your shriveled souls.
Wow. That was really shitty.
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:41 AM   #77
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Just keep in mind that everytime you bad mouth the effort to defeat OBL you may have pulled the trigger that kills one of our troops and bring us closer to defeat. May God have mercy on your shriveled souls.
This might just be the single stupidest statement I've ever seen posted on this board.

caw
blacbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 PM   #78
Mustangpilot
practical experience, FTW

Mustangpilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacbird View Post
This might just be the single stupidest statement I've ever seen posted on this board.

caw
Or perhaps it puts freedom of speech into a whole different perspective. There are consequences to our actions whether we want to admit it or not.
Mustangpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:49 PM   #79
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Did you learn this pearl of wisdom from one of your "inside" sources?

caw
blacbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #80
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Or perhaps it puts freedom of speech into a whole different perspective. There are consequences to our actions whether we want to admit it or not.
And that's a two-way street, by the way.

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #81
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Or perhaps it puts freedom of speech into a whole different perspective.
No, it really wasn't very illuminating at all. Sorry.
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #82
TheGaffer
Docking Bay 94

TheGaffer has a golden reputationTheGaffer has a golden reputationTheGaffer has a golden reputationTheGaffer has a golden reputationTheGaffer has a golden reputationTheGaffer has a golden reputation
If those in charge put as much effort into finding Osama bin Laden and prosecuting the war on terror as their enablers did in attacking the Dixie Chicks for one comment, we might have gotten somewhere.

I took the rejection pledge.

2006 pledge: queries -- 27/40.

2007 Pledge:
To finish first draft of WIP. 362 pgs of an estimated 362 pgs. Finished. ROCK AND ROLL!!!
To send out 40 queries for the other completed WIP.
Currently: 0/40. This didn't happen.

2008 Pledge:
To change tons of diapers. In progress.
To edit/do first rewrite in 2007's WIP.
Also, maybe to get like 15 queries out, but it won't be easy.

"Anybody can make up statistics to prove their point. 14% of all people know that." -- Homer Simpson
TheGaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #83
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGaffer View Post
If those in charge put as much effort into finding Osama bin Laden and prosecuting the war on terror as their enablers did in attacking the Dixie Chicks for one comment, we might have gotten somewhere.
Amen to that!

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #84
Christine N.
is not the avatar thief

Christine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bwhahahaha! Right on.

Sheesh. Yanno what, Mustang? Those 'media' and 'celebrities' are AMERICANS too, right? They're voters, they're the people G.W. is working for. He's not an Emperor, he's a President - he works for us. How he can continue on this path when it's abundantly clear his employers don't want him to is beyond me. Pomposity and Hubris is what it's come down to. He's a prideful man who refuses to listen. They have the right to say whatever they want about how he runs this country, just like you are.

Hell, I'M anti war, and that was before the DC's ever uttered a word. The rest of the world thinks our President is a whackjob, and we're laughingstocks. Most of the American people, IMO think it's time this mess was over. So who is this guy to tell us we're all wrong and he's right?

Seriously, he needs to figure out why Republicans introduced a bill to cut billions from Medicare and Medicaid, but leave the defense budget alone? Yeah, lets crank up the war machine, but leave our own people without medical care, that's brilliant. (I watched C-Span when the bill was being debated. It was ridiculous.)

Young Adult Fantasy Author

A CURSE OF ASH AND IRON: coming from Strange Chemistry Books, September 2014. is back out on submission. Again.

Represented by Jordy Albert of Booker Albert Literary

I tweet

Young Adult Authors You've Never Heard Of
Christine N. is offline   Reply With Quote