Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Blogging and Social Networking
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Doug Johnson
practical experience, FTW

Doug Johnson is well-respected
Good writing: a soldierís last blog post

If you guys can create a fictional character as interesting and emotionally compelling as Major Andrew Olmsted was in real life, you should have no trouble getting published. Some of you might also find it interesting how often he quotes science fiction. Andrew and one other US soldier died on January 3, 2008 in an ambush in Diyala province Iraq.

This is his final post.

There’s some more information about him, and previous entries, here.

Godspeed.

Last edited by Doug Johnson; 01-05-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Doug Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Wow. Thank you for sharing this. It was an interesting read. There are just no words......

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
nancy sv
30 months on a bicycle...

nancy sv is a glorious beacon of lightnancy sv is a glorious beacon of lightnancy sv is a glorious beacon of light
I can't imagine the forethought he put into that. It must have been tough to write.

I am just a mom who decided to go for a bike ride. On the longest road in the world.

Some people say Iím exceptionally brave.
Others say Iím outrageously foolish.
I donít think Iím either.

Read more at www.familyonbikes.org

Facebook Twitter
nancy sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That was very humbling to read. I can't imagine writing your "in case of my death" post.

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote