Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Blogging and Social Networking
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 AM   #1
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Where can we link with AWers

Jim Melvin (Deathwizard) and I have books coming out. We would like to swap links with others in the same situation, or just link up with AW friends. What is the proper procedure for doing so, and where do we go to find this out? We're both kinda new to this. I run a blog, but it's on my website. Are websites permited to link too, or is this just a MySpace type of thing?

Thanks for any help.

Tri
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
Dawno
I Haz Most Wonderful Daughter EVAR
SuperModerator

Dawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Websites welcome! Please post your links in our Absolute Write bloggers forum and join in the discussions.
Dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #3
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gak! I'm special--Dawno herself invited me!

JIM, OH, JIM, GET YOUR AZZ OVER TA HERE, YOU HEAR!?

Tri
Old 06-30-2007, 03:17 AM   #4
Death Wizard
Tumhe na koci puujetha

Death Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks, Dawno. Chris and I have already done that, but we're also looking for fellow writers with sites/blogs that wouldn't mind linking to ours, and vice versa. Is this the appropriate place to make such a request?

Author of The Death Wizard Chronicles, a six-book epic fantasy. Book 1 (Forged In Death) is now available for purchase on bellebooks.com, amazon.com and other venues. Also, Book 2 (Chained By Fear) is now available here, Book 3 (Shadowed by Demons) is here and Book 4 (Torn by War) is here. And a pair of DW short stories (Torg's First Death and The Black Fortress) also is available for free.

www.jim-melvin.com; www.amazon.com/author/jimmelvin; www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com; facebook

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -- The Buddha
Death Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:30 AM   #5
Dawno
SuperModerator

Dawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yep
Old 06-30-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
Dawno
SuperModerator

A word of advice - it's probably a really good idea to get involved in a select few blogs and be part of the commenting community rather than just look for people to link to your sites. While some of that may happen anyway because we AW folk like to support each other, blogging is about the community of bloggers, too.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #7
Death Wizard
Tumhe na koci puujetha

Death Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeath Wizard is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sounds cool. And I hear you. I regularly visit about half a dozen blogs now and frequently comment.

Author of The Death Wizard Chronicles, a six-book epic fantasy. Book 1 (Forged In Death) is now available for purchase on bellebooks.com, amazon.com and other venues. Also, Book 2 (Chained By Fear) is now available here, Book 3 (Shadowed by Demons) is here and Book 4 (Torn by War) is here. And a pair of DW short stories (Torg's First Death and The Black Fortress) also is available for free.

www.jim-melvin.com; www.amazon.com/author/jimmelvin; www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com; facebook

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -- The Buddha
Old 06-30-2007, 03:43 AM   #8
triceretops
Super Browser

That's what I'm doing--branching out and reading the AW people. Will gladly interact and comment. I'll probably learn how to draft some interesting posts after reading the pros.

Tri
Old 06-30-2007, 03:49 AM   #9
skelly
Kickin it old school, posers beware

skelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsskelly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm always looking for an interview at my blog...mostly writing oriented. Links okay. Interviewing Christine Norris next Friday. Yah! PM me dw or tri, if you want to do an interview about your upcomings.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:52 AM   #10
Death Wizard
Tumhe na koci puujetha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly View Post
I'm always looking for an interview at my blog...mostly writing oriented. Links okay. Interviewing Christine Norris next Friday. Yah! PM me dw or tri, if you want to do an interview about your upcomings.
Thanks!!! Will do!

Old 06-30-2007, 04:05 AM   #11
Dawno
SuperModerator

And I have a small press book review blog, if you're interested and published by a small press.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:14 AM   #12
triceretops
Super Browser

Thanks, Dawno. I'll PM you about my release.

Tri
Old 06-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #13
Death Wizard
Tumhe na koci puujetha

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
Thanks, Dawno. I'll PM you about my release.

Tri
So will I!