Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
JoNightshade
has finally arrived

JoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's finally my turn to say this: My book is getting published!

I've known about this for two weeks, but was supposed to keep my lips shut until the official announcement. So thanks to Perks for letting me know that it appeared in Publisher's Marketplace!

Quote:
Ramsey Hootman's COURTING GRETA, about what happens when two people who don't believe in romance give love half a chance, and the freedom that comes with letting go of every last scrap of pride, to Micki Nuding at Gallery Books, by Jim McCarthy at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management (World English).
I owe a huge thanks to everyone here at AW. I've been here for upwards of five years now, and seen tons of you folks land your own amazing deals one after another. I've often wondered when it would be "my turn." Part of me honestly didn't believe this day would ever come. But it has. Thanks for all the advice, camaraderie, and support.

Courting Greta has been released into the wide world!
I have also entered the world of self-pubbing with a short story, Christmas in the Californios, 1833.
JoNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
JBuck
practical experience, FTW

JBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admirationJBuck has earned our admiration
Yay!!! Congrats, Jo!!!

JBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Silver-Midnight
"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Congrats on your book! I wish you many sales.

Twitter
Silver-Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!
Silent Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
regdog
Kreon Megatron
AW Moderator

Location: Of course he's trying to take over the universe, he's Kreon Megatron
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Place

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Jo!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
SWest
(1+1) hardly ever equals 2...

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Whoo and Hoo!

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler

I couldn't be here in spirit, so I came in person. - Red Buttons
SWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
LJD
practical experience, FTW

LJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolness
Congrats!!

I remember your query letter. I want to read it
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw it before you did -- ha ha ha ha ha HAAAAAA!

Congrats, Lady. That is truly wonderful news. You have worked very hard and now you've got your cleats in the turf.
Perks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Ari Meermans
MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woot! Congratulations!
Ari Meermans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
Phaeal
Whatever I did, I didn't do it.

Phaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Another great victory for perserverence! At last the bananas can dance for you:

And so it goes.

Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

Phaeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Bubastes
bananaed

Bubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!!

Website | Twitter
Bubastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Many Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
don't make me mod you, nina.
NinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, Jo! I remember your travails in query hell. So happy Greta is being published. I'll be reading it, for sure.
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Tasmin21
Coming July 8th!

Tasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
AW2: 5,587/70,000
Tasmin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
Irysangel
She of Many Names

Irysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats Jo!

www.jessica-sims.com
www.jillmyles.com
http://jessica-clare.com
Irysangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #17
JoNightshade
has finally arrived

JoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thank you everyone!!!

I'm not sure whether it's fate or irony or fitting that I went to sleep with this news and woke up to find that my first and greatest literary hero, Ray Bradbury, has passed away. A bittersweet joy.

Courting Greta has been released into the wide world!
I have also entered the world of self-pubbing with a short story, Christmas in the Californios, 1833.
JoNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
Erin
Listening to my other selves

Erin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for President
Woohoo! Congrats!!!

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
Vandal
In the Center of things

Vandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!!

Center Point is available from Writers AMuse Me Publishing

Dizzy Miss Lizzie returns November 22, 2014!

My website
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
Elaine Margarett
High and Dry

Elaine Margarett should run for PresidentElaine Margarett should run for PresidentElaine Margarett should run for PresidentElaine Margarett should run for PresidentElaine Margarett should run for PresidentElaine Margarett should run for President
Coming out of lurkdom fo say a great big CONGRATS!

Will be looking for it on the shelves. :-)
Elaine Margarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
ohthatmomagain
writing, working, weeping, winning

ohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations! That's awesome news!!

Out Now SAINT SLOAN
...every saint as a past...

Twitter: @martieKay

ohthatmomagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #22
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CONGRAGALATIONS!!!

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Jehhillenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
kaitie
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya.

kaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Super congrats!

So happy for you.

And just because it's still awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

Take two: 90,008
Current: 7,680

kaitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #24
Mr. Anonymous
Just a guy with a pen & a delusion

Mr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Awesome! Congrats Jo!

The Paradox of Vertical Flight- Greenwillow
TBA Novel - to be published by Greenwillow
BOOK LAUNCH!! & some thoughts
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #25
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Way to go Jo...you give me faith the system still works...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote