Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Favorite Exceptions > Celine Dion: For Keeps
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Filine
On a cloud in Céline heaven

Filine is on a distinguished road
Twitter

Are you guys on Twitter yet?

You can find me: http://www.twitter.com/filine and the dutch fanclub http://www.twitter.com/cdipnl on Twitter We try to post the latest Céline news (in both Dutch and English) as it happens! Would love to see you guys join us
Céline: (leaning backwards, looking shocked) "Well let me tell you this: I love you the MOST! Ha! Now beat that!"
Filine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
TatiVale
believes in love

TatiVale is on a distinguished road
Mine is that http://twitter.com/tativalecanada5 but all in portuguese so far hehehe
L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence,
Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

TatiVale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Fanny
Juicy!

Fanny is on a distinguished road
What is this now?

After Myspace, Facebook and such........ lol
Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Filine
On a cloud in Céline heaven

Filine is on a distinguished road
It's very addictive and fun...it's a microblog where you can share all kinds of thoughts, links, pictures! Just try it!
Céline: (leaning backwards, looking shocked) "Well let me tell you this: I love you the MOST! Ha! Now beat that!"
Filine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
godessceline

godessceline is on a distinguished road
I already have my proper blog and I don't like the idea of comments etc having a wordcount on them...I want to be able to ramble on should I feel I need to, haha. So no, I'm not on Twitter and I probably won't get it either I think.
godessceline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
darryl
Céline can fly, not I!

darryl is on a distinguished road
The biggest thing driving the Twitter adoption is that many celebs use it and quite a few of us 'ordinary' people actually get twitters from these celebs.

I haven't really bothered, because I simply have better things to do with my time than try and keep pace with the latest craze. I did a facebook & myspace page, but then again, I haven't even gone to my myspace page in months- and only to my facebook because of emails saying something was posted there.

All these social networking applications are principally driven by teens since they tend to have the most time online. They adopt new things the fastest. They switch the fastest. They can spend hours and hours creating their webpages and updating things.

There are several business oriented versions of these, principally LinkedIn. Again, I am very selective of who I accept on that.

To me at least, it's not about having 1,000's of 'friends' add me online. I'd rather have 10 - 20 truly exceptional friends, and have time always free to interact with those. How often can you spend time with 1,000 friends?

Many university studies are now underway and one result already showing up in all of them is that *most* of the people with exceptionally high numbers of social networking 'friends' tend to be people with low self esteem, or other needs that drive them to offset their perceived shortcomings with massive numbers of online 'friends'.

Should be interesting results when all these studies are done. I'm really wondering why some people have 1,000's of photos of themselves online....

Love should be unconditional.

darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
TatiVale
believes in love

TatiVale is on a distinguished road
Good point Darryl hehe I'd like to know that too! heheh I just use facebook to keep in contact with my friends who live abroad Brazil or in another city or some people from my family. My space I don't go there for ages heheh
At least here some tv shows like sport show has a twitter to keep the news, a online story too they have an account with the news like sales, the newest products etc
L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence,
Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

TatiVale is offline   Reply With Quote