• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Each agent tends to be different, but unless Alec Shane's info or Writers House says different, I suggest adding the first five pages.

Also, good luck!

Normalman

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, good suggestion about his info. I looked on his publisher marketplace page instead of Writers House and it said first 10.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Totally freaking out right now.

Submitted a contemporary MG to Brianne Johnson on May 3. Heard back a few hours later with a partial request. Then last night, she requested a full.

This would be a serious dream come true!

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score

Submitted a contemporary MG to Brianne Johnson on May 3. Heard back a few hours later with a partial request. Then last night, she requested a full.

Crossing my fingers for you. :Clap:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Congrats on the full! But don't freak out, as you'll probably still have a long wait on the full, and being freaked out for weeks can be exhausting. (And yet, that's a quick response to the partial, so ultra good luck on a quick response to the full?)

ClockPrince

Registered
Reaction score

Best of luck, Wizera! I'm rooting for you! ;)

Wizera

Registered
Reaction score
...well, I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming.

Just got off the phone with Brianne and she offered to rep me!

Wizera

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've officially signed with Brianne. She's given me some great suggestions and I'm diving right into edits.

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
I just queried Merrilee Heifetz on Tuesday. On Thursday I got a rejection letter from her assistant. While it would have been awesome if it had gone the other way, I'm really just happy with the prompt reply.

I knew it was a long shot but when I learned she was Neil Gaiman's agent, I had to try.

XSnapdragonx

Registered
Reaction score
On their submissions page, the wording has me a little confused. "Please e-mail us a query letter, which includes your credentials, an explanation of what makes your book unique and special, and a synopsis."

Now do they mean what some agencies call the synopsis within the query letter or do they want a query letter and a synopsis (including the ending)?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Synopsis within the query letter. At least that's the way I parse that sentence (i.e., query letter...including credentials, explanation, and synopsis).

chicklegirl

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had a recent experience with Steven Malk in the west coast office? I sent a PB query to him 2 months ago and haven't heard back. The Writer's House website says they "respond to all queries", but I'm wondering if I should consider this one a CNR?

ETA: Nevermind. Just got the rejection this morning. :tongue

Last edited:

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had a recent experience with Steven Malk in the west coast office? I sent a PB query to him 2 months ago and haven't heard back. The Writer's House website says they "respond to all queries", but I'm wondering if I should consider this one a CNR?

ETA: Nevermind. Just got the rejection this morning. :tongue

:Hug2:for the R. At least it was quick.

For people wondering about timelines - I don't have experience with Steven Malk specifically, but this was my experience with Alec Shane for a MG MS:

Queried: 09/15/15
Full Req: 12/23/15 (yep, right before Christmas. best Christmas present ever? except...)
Form R on Full: 02/08/16

It took about 3 months for the initial reply, so I wouldn't assume a CNR with Writer's House until after 3 months.

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried: 09/15/15
Full Req: 12/23/15 (yep, right before Christmas. best Christmas present ever? except...)
Form R on Full: 02/08/16

It took about 5 months for the initial reply, so I wouldn't assume a CNR with Writer's House until after 6 months.

The former math teacher in me has to point out that a September-to-December wait is three months, not five. ;)

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
The former math teacher in me has to point out that a September-to-December wait is three months, not five. ;)

Good point! I promise I'm good at math, haha. I think I just had February in mind even though the initial reply was actually December.