• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
EQ Jodi reamer 9/30/14
ER 11/3/14

Very nice rejection letter (probably form) from her assistant Alec Shane. Form or not, I always appreciate a lovely rejection.

Last edited:

claire01

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! To anyone who's recently queried Jodi Reamer, does she still accept e-queries? I know that on PM she has her assistant's email listed, but I also know that Alec Shane is accepting queries for his own list already. So...do I still send e-queries to Jodi via Alec? Or no more e-queries? Thanks, everyone!

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
E-queried Sarah Nagel 2/4/15.
Form R 2/17.

Plodding onward....

Brandy

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet
Registered
Reaction score
For anybody who queried Merrilee Heifetz did you end up sending her pages? Or just the query and synopsis?

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
I thought Writer House agents didn't accept email?

On the contrary! A few days ago I submitted a query to Albert Zuckerman via snail-mail, as he had no email listed. Since then, they have redone their website, and ALL have email addresses listed for submission. You can still check Publisher's Marketplace for the preference for some, but the fact that it actually says "email submissions" for every agent under their name, makes it look like that is an option for all.

I decided to cover my bases and just hit the send button to make sure Mr. Zuckerman gets my query by email as well (along with a short explanation of what I've done).

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, for Sarah Nagel at least, she had a "new agent" alert via Writer's Digest that specifically said she wanted email queries, and gave her address and details.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Sent an equery for a Fantasy Romance to Angharad Kowal of Writers House UK 13/5/15

Full request: 18/5/15
R: 26/6/15

BlankPage

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking into querying Jodi Reamer, and have read up on previous questions about whether to email her directly, or to email Alec Shane. But there seems to be a new twist: Now, on the Writers House website submissions page, if you click on Jodi's name and then click on the "Submission Email" link, it opens a new email addressed to her own email address. But Publisher's Marketplace and QueryTracker still list Alec Shane's email address. Does the info on their own website take precedence now, or not?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking into querying Jodi Reamer, and have read up on previous questions about whether to email her directly, or to email Alec Shane. But there seems to be a new twist: Now, on the Writers House website submissions page, if you click on Jodi's name and then click on the "Submission Email" link, it opens a new email addressed to her own email address. But Publisher's Marketplace and QueryTracker still list Alec Shane's email address. Does the info on their own website take precedence now, or not?

An agency's website trumps the agent databases every time. I'd definitely take advantage of the opportunity to e-mail her directly (perhaps with a note that you're querying per the submission guidelines on their website).

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking into sending a submission to Soumeya Bendimerad. I checked for book sales in her name and found only one, back in 2011. Is this something that should concern me? OTOH, I am aware that she is a new agent at Writers House.
Any thoughts on whether I should still send a submission to her? Does anyone have any experience with her?

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Writers House is a respected agency, and I wouldn't have any qualms about submitting to anyone working there. It's likely that the more experienced agents there are providing guidance for her, as she's new. Also, not all agents publicize all their sales. If you get to the point where she wants to talk rep with you, that'd be a good question to ask her then.

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Susan Golomb on 5/26 and heard back from Scott Cohen who requested a partial and detailed synopsis on 6/1. Yesterday (7/7), Scott requested the full.

Midnite Writer

Registered
Reaction score
On their submissions page, Writers House says that they respond to all queries, generally within six to eight weeks.

Is this true? Or do individual agents there only reply if they're interested?

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I queried Sarah Nagel on June 15th and have yet to receive a response. She states she tries to respond in eight weeks, but if it is beyond that time frame, I wonder if I'm free to try another WH agent. I have at least three on my list.

I shot a quick tweet out to her to check status, although in retrospect I should maybe have sent a status query? Oh, well. We'll see if it garners a response.

ETA: I didn't receive a response to my Twitter question so I deleted the tweet so I wouldn't look like a pesky writer (although it might be too late for that :) )

Since it's been 9 weeks with no response, I am working up the nerve to query Jodi. But first, I sent a status query to Sarah, in case my original got lost.

Last edited:

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
After careful thought and a lot of angst, I am sending Sarah a letter of withdrawal so I can query other agents within the agency. They state response in 6 to 8 weeks, but it has been almost 12. I hope Sarah is okay; she hasn't had any activity on Twitter since July.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sent a query to Jodi Reamer, got my rejection from Mr. Shane today. Soooo.... fired off another query to Mr. Lazar. I don't know; I have a thing for Writers House. What can I say?

The current query states a word count that is more in line with hardcover publishing. I returned a bunch of flashbacks I had removed for earlier queries.

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
What's the usual wait for Writers' House? I queried a few weeks ago. If it's a no, I'll query another agent there

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
What's the usual wait for Writers' House? I queried a few weeks ago. If it's a no, I'll query another agent there

I would wait the usual three months before trying to query another agent. They are known to respond, so you probably won't have to wait that long. If for some reason you're not getting a response, try a nudge before withdrawing and trying another.

Normalman

Registered
Reaction score
Got a favorite from Alec Shane today at #pitmad. Very stoked but the Writers House submissions page doesn't say whether to attach pages or not. Does anyone have experience with this agency?