• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

thundergirl

Registered
Reaction score
Steven Malk and Jodi Reamer

Does anyone know if Kristy King is still Steven Malk's assistant even though she's building her own list? And if she isn't, who is?
Also, has anyone queried Jodi Reamer with a picture book lately?

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kristy King is still Steven Malk's assistant even though she's building her own list? And if she isn't, who is?

Yes, I believe she still is. They usually do it that way for a little while.

bershka

I just read from an interview with Kristy King on someone's blog that she is quitting the agency at the end of this summer:

6) Do you have any exciting client/agency news to share?

In fact, I do. At the end of the summer, I will be leaving Writers House and the agency side of the business. This was a very difficult decision, as you can see how passionate I am about publishing and the work I have done. That said, I’m very excited about my new venture: I am putting together an e-book publishing company that has a pretty unique take on form and content, I think. There are so many opportunities for both authors and publishers right now to become innovative in the digital market, in ways that will really open up the creative process, and it’s that aspect of the market that drew me in. There may very well be an opportunity for your readers to submit to the new company, and I hope I can check back in with you in the fall to share details about that!

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I got a partial request from Brianne a few days ago. Fingers are crossed!

Does anyone know what her response times are like? I always get nervous when I send material and then don't get a confirmation.

I received a request from Brianne, recently, with no response that she received my ms either. According to QT, it takes a long time, if ever, for her to respond. I only saw upgrades when someone nudged with an offer.

As MaraudingDon said, keep querying. :)

thundergirl

Registered
Reaction score
I just read from an interview with Kristy King on someone's blog that she is quitting the agency at the end of this summer:

Wow, thanks Bershka. I won't be submitting to KK at Writer's House then! So interesting...

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Brianne on 6/26, got a partial request and then full request same day.

I'll have more news next week - hopefully - but so far my dealings with her have been great. Super prompt, super enthusiastic.

ETA: Update

Brianne requested the full on 6/26 and got back to me on it on 7/1 with terrific comments. She loved it, but it wasn't right for her list, so she passed it on to a senior agent at WH. I got an email the same day from the agent and we chatted this week - she offered representation and I will be signing the contract within the next day or so, once I've tied up some loose ends.

Overall, my experience with Brianne and WH have been terrific!

Last edited:

luxisufeili

Aspiring to be non-rejected
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Brianne on 6/26, got a partial request and then full request same day.

I'll have more news next week - hopefully - but so far my dealings with her have been great. Super prompt, super enthusiastic.

Brianne requested the full on 6/26 and got back to me on it on 7/1 with terrific comments. She loved it, but it wasn't right for her list, so she passed it on to a senior agent at WH. I got an email the same day from the agent and we chatted this week - she offered representation and I will be signing the contract within the next day or so, once I've tied up some loose ends.

Congrats and good luck!

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com

That's so awesome!!! CONGRATS Wisteria!!!!!!!
:partyguy::hooray::D:banana::PartySmil

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
That's so fantastic, Wisteria Vine! Congratulations and best of luck on sub!!

TeacherLady

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that was quick! Congrats!

Brianne has had my partial since February. I'm assuming at this point that it's a no means no.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Wisteria!

Judging from this, I'll close out. I queried two days later and no response. Normally I wouldn't close out so soon, but it seems she's fast or not at all.....

TeacherLady

Registered
Reaction score
Cricket - I wouldn't jump the gun. I've seen where queriers have gotten partial requests after more than two months.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket - I wouldn't jump the gun. I've seen where queriers have gotten partial requests after more than two months.

Sorry, I should clarify: she requested my full right away, and nothing since then. Yes, she could still contact me, but I won't hold my breath. ;)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, I hope she gets back to you guys! Sometimes agents do read out of order. Sounds like Wisteria's MS showed up when Brianne was in just the right mood for it.

AmyMarie

Registered
Reaction score
E-Query Brianne Johnson: 5/29
Partial requested: 5/29
Nudged regarding offer: 7/16
Full requested: 7/16
Manuscript given to senior agent Michele Rubin: 7/17
Offer of representation from Michele: 7/19 (!!!!)
Signed yesterday: 7/20

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com

Congrats AmyMarie! That's so exciting!!!!! :D:D:D
:hooray::PartySmil:TheWave:

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Kristy King has my full as a result of a contest I won. Because she's switching careers, she's going to critique my manuscript and refer to me to another agent at WH. I'm super excited--and more than a little nervous to see what she says.

luxisufeili

Aspiring to be non-rejected
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats! Wishing for plenty of super awesome good luck for ya!

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
AmyMarie - congrats, and good luck on sub! Wow!

IrisFlower - my fingers are tightly crossed for you!