• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Those of you querying Jodi, keep in mind that she's likely super busy with TH Mafi's book. It was fast-tracked to get it out this year, and I'd have to imagine that the agent details in such a situation mean her attention is squarely focused there for the time being.

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Jodi Reamer is the agent, it seems her (or/and her assistant's) response time varies a lot.

Ah, in that case, I'd give it another week or two before resending. But you should get a response.

And, btw, for anyone querying Steve, I talked to Ty today and she said things are unusually busy down there, so there may or may not be some delays.

kkwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Say, does anyone know anything about Robin Rue at this agency? She's towards the top of my list, but I'd be interested to hear from people who have queried her.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I queried her about a year or so ago on another ms. Her assistant at the time was Beth Miller. She requested a partial which turned into a full, which ultimately turned into an R. I never actually dealt with Ms Rue, but I found Beth Miller to be very professional. No complaints. I'd keep her at the top of the list. Hope that helps.

Windcutter

Registered
Reaction score
Those of you querying Jodi, keep in mind that she's likely super busy with TH Mafi's book. It was fast-tracked to get it out this year, and I'd have to imagine that the agent details in such a situation mean her attention is squarely focused there for the time being.

Not too busy to send a few rejections in the morning. :) Oh well, it was more like a gamble anyway, because her client list must be 110% full.

sharonsharon

Registered
Reaction score
which agent there is best for children's books. They should really list on their site which agent is for what. I saw one is for children's books, but only children's books where the author is also the illustrator. Does anyone know of another agent who deals with children's books at the agency?

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Sharonsharon, lots of agents there deal with children's books. I agree, their site doesn't have many details--but if you look up Writers House on agentquery.com, you'll find many of their agents who do. And you can also look up their pages on publishersmarketplace.com--some of them have pages with representative books they've sold. And http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com is a great resource for finding a collection of what's available about different agents on the web (with an emphasis on children's lit).

sharonsharon

Registered
Reaction score
thank you. I did look through their agents on the query tracker and only one seemed to take picture books but only if the illustrator was the author. I will look further as you mention to see which one might accept it. They really should list it on their site. thank you!

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Sharonsharon, you can also do a one month's subscription to publishersmarketplace.com for $20 and search their entire database for sales. Not every agent reports every sale, but it's still the best place to find current and archived listings of agent-to-editor sales.

Javielito

Registered
Reaction score
near a deep sea shrimp and a blackdevil angler fis
Daniel Lazar

1- Does Daniel Lazar accepts simultaneous submissions by regular (snail) mail? I mean, for each manuscript (volume I and II) two different query letters, or just indicating him that my second volume is also available?

2- Does he still accept the first five pages included by regular mail?

Thanks in advance,

Javielito

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to work on extensive revisions with Steve Malk! I couldn't be more excited - I'm sure he'll have awesome suggestions. Can't wait to discuss the details with him!

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
I'm going to work on extensive revisions with Steve Malk! I couldn't be more excited - I'm sure he'll have awesome suggestions. Can't wait to discuss the details with him!

That's awesome Beckstah!!! From everything I've read, he sounds like a fantastic agent! Good luck w/the next leg of the revision journey, you're in good hands :)

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score

Go Beckstah! It's definitely worth it.

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
1- Does Daniel Lazar accepts simultaneous submissions by regular (snail) mail? I mean, for each manuscript (volume I and II) two different query letters, or just indicating him that my second volume is also available?

2- Does he still accept the first five pages included by regular mail?

Thanks in advance,

Javielito

Javielito,

Definitely just send a query for the first book and indicate the second is ready too. You would only want to send different queries if they are completely different, unconnected works, and then you wouldn't want them to be simultaneous either.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomalanbrosz.wordpress.com
This was posted in Publishers Lunch today:

Writers House has learned that a series of fake emails claiming to be from WH agent Jodi Reamer have been circulating to self-published authors this week. "These emails, which contain a number of false statements, have not in fact come from Jodi Reamer and should thus be disregarded." One easy "tell": they advise that any e-mail from a non-Writers House address "expressing interest in representation is counterfeit."

I've seen this warning on other AW threads, but maybe there should be a copy on this one.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I got the chance to talk with Steve last week, and I am so pumped to work with him. I can tell that my MS is going to be so much better for it no matter what.

sharonsharon

Registered
Reaction score
That is amazing! so happy for you! So, the agent is helping you do the revisions or their editors?

I found this thread because i am going to send my manuscript to jodi reamers assistant tonight....i like the energy of writer's house.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks sharonsharon! The agent and his assistant will be writing up some notes for me in the coming weeks. I really have to step up my game - his clients are AMAZING.

Good luck with Jodi!!

sharonsharon

Registered
Reaction score
the idea I have is very unique and so I am hoping she can see the potential in it. Really happy for you. I can only imagine! Much success to you in this.

SisterWriters

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know the wait time for a query letter with Rebecca Sherman?