• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Hoovlette

Mommy of Two (Soon-to-be three)
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know current response times on queries from Rebecca Sherman?

Thanks!

OH! BTW - congrats tilt...I've got my fingers crossed for you. That's huge!:hooray:

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks!

OH! BTW - congrats tilt...I've got my fingers crossed for you. That's huge!:hooray:

I don't, but I do know she has mentioned on twitter quite a bit that she's slower than some--don't know how slow that is though.

thefreshchuff

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know Jennifer/Merrilee's response time lately for e-queries? On Query Tracker they have replies to emails at anywhere from 2 days to 12, which is making me sweat as I sent my my query about a month ago! I had anticipated a 2 month or so response time, but now I'm wondering if they got it at all.

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'd give it a few more weeks and then re-send. Agents get loads of submissions right before labor day, so it can cause a bit of a clog.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score

Looking at querytracker for the past couple of months, she's running up to 76 days, with an 80% response rate overall. As for Merrilee, she has a 96% response rate over the same time frame, with queries taking up to a month.

Last edited:

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Does anyone know Jennifer/Merrilee's response time lately for e-queries? On Query Tracker they have replies to emails at anywhere from 2 days to 12, which is making me sweat as I sent my my query about a month ago! I had anticipated a 2 month or so response time, but now I'm wondering if they got it at all.

They've been really busy getting ready for the Frankfurt Book Fair, but as far as I know, they're on track as far as responses. PM me your real name, the title and when you sent it and I can ask (I need to call Jennifer anyway on a contract question tomorrow.) :)

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score

I got a response the next day on the query. From the partial and the full it was a bit longer than their quoted time though. But Jennifer was very nice and she did respond eventually.

katrina_wooooo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I've just found a few discrepancies between QueryTracker and AgentQuery that I felt could use clarification, if anybody knows:

1.) Is Al Zuckerman now repping YA, as AgentQuery suggests?
2. Does Jodi now accept email queries? I know she's traditionally been snail-mail, but QT now says she does email as well... Input?

Thanks for the clarification!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On Writer's House site Jodi's profile links to her Publisher's Marketplace page. It says to e-mail query and ten pages to her assistant Alec Shane at [email protected] or snail mail.

Al Zuckerman's page also links to his PM page but does not list his genres

Burning Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I'm one thousand percent sure someone has already answered this question on here, but as I am not Superman and do not wish to read 1,562 answers worth to find it, I was hoping someone could answer again...
I want to send out my paranormal romance manuscript to someone at the Writers House Agency and have narrowed it down to Albert Zuckerman, Robin Rue, Jodi Reamer, Merrilee Heifetz, Michele Rubin, and Maya Rock. I just don't know which would be most suited to my novel. Can anyone tell me which represents paranormal romance the best or most? Specifically, Robin Rue. From all the research I've done(which I assure you is immense) she reps PR, I just don't know exactly how much.
Thank you!!!
P.S... Random question. Has anyone else noticed how horrific the WH website is on their agents? So horrid. It almost makes me want to cry. :)

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Hi. I'm one thousand percent sure someone has already answered this question on here, but as I am not Superman and do not wish to read 1,562 answers worth to find it, I was hoping someone could answer again...
I want to send out my paranormal romance manuscript to someone at the Writers House Agency and have narrowed it down to Albert Zuckerman, Robin Rue, Jodi Reamer, Merrilee Heifetz, Michele Rubin, and Maya Rock. I just don't know which would be most suited to my novel. Can anyone tell me which represents paranormal romance the best or most? Specifically, Robin Rue. From all the research I've done(which I assure you is immense) she reps PR, I just don't know exactly how much.
Thank you!!!
P.S... Random question. Has anyone else noticed how horrific the WH website is on their agents? So horrid. It almost makes me want to cry. :)

Maya Rock is no longer there. Michele Rubin has never responded to my queries (UF & paranormal romance) and I believe she likes more fantasy vs. romance. I would target Jodi, Robin and Merrilee and consider then equally. Susan Ginsburg accepts romance, but I'm not sure if she looks at paranormal.

Burning Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I couldn't tell who was there or not because of that horrible website! Anyway, I think I might try Robin first. Do you happen to know if she still won't accept email queries?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Merrilee's assistant got back to me on my partial yesterday. She had it for four months.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Thank you so much. I couldn't tell who was there or not because of that horrible website! Anyway, I think I might try Robin first. Do you happen to know if she still won't accept email queries?

As far as I know she only takes snail mail. I queried her on 8/13 and just yesterday got my rejection in the mail. Look like she's running just over 2 months on responses. If she wants more material, she'll request by email though.

Burning Angel

Registered
Reaction score
As far as I know she only takes snail mail. I queried her on 8/13 and just yesterday got my rejection in the mail. Look like she's running just over 2 months on responses. If she wants more material, she'll request by email though.
I'm sorry for your rejection :(
But thank you for the info. This has been extremely helpful :) I think I'll try Robin, see if I get rejected too.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Robin Rue represents a fair number of paranormal romance authors, including Kresley Cole, Sylvia Day and Lynn Viehl.

Burning Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Robin Rue represents a fair number of paranormal romance authors, including Kresley Cole, Sylvia Day and Lynn Viehl.
No way! I couldn't find her client list. Kresley is one of my FAVORITE authors. Thank you for the info. I will definitely query her then. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If they requested a partial, you can email and ask which they prefer.