• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Annarkie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brooklynann.blogspot.com
Well, I made the revisions, then had two agented betas read the ms along w' the revision letter, utilized their suggestions, revised a little more than did a line-edit/ polish.
Then I prayed and prayed, attached the MS, prayed some more, then hit "send."

I'm so excited and terrified!

Last edited:

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Annarkie, it's just around the corner!!! Good Luck!

Annarkie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brooklynann.blogspot.com
Got an automated "In London and out of the office till the 9th" message.
My book is set in London. Perhaps that'll whet her appetite...or make her more aware of inaccuracies.
Yikes! If I was a nail biter, my fingers would be bloody stumps.

EagerReader

Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there Annarkie, it's all good!

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Hi to everyone!

So here's what happened to me: Sent an equery to Merrilee in March, received a partial request the next day from J. Escott, emailed it right away, and waited for 3 months. Then I sent a nudge since I read on query tracker that J. Escott took like 2 months on partials. It has been more than 2 weeks since I sent the nudge and still nothing...

Anyone knows anything about Merrilee or her assistant?
Thanks for reading this! :)

Last edited:

Annarkie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brooklynann.blogspot.com
Huh, that sounds a little out of character from the last time I dealt with Ms. Escott, which was over a year ago on a different project, of course I did everything snail mail w' her 'cuz I didn't have internet. Maybe you got stuck in her spam folder?

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi to everyone!

So here's what happened to me: Sent an equery to Merrilee in March, received a partial request the next day from J. Escott, emailed it right away, and waited for 3 months. Then I sent a nudge since I read on query tracker that J. Escott took like 2 months on partials. It has been more than 2 weeks since I sent the nudge and still nothing...

Anyone knows anything about Merrilee or her assistant?
Thanks for reading this! :)

I haven't dealt with these two in particular, but I do know that it's a busy time of year right now, with heavy submissions, conferences and vacations. So, they may be running a little slow right now. I'd give them another week or two and then re-send the nudge. Also, check your sent folder to make sure it sent.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Annarkie and Ryan, thanks for answering!

Hm, yeah, maybe I'm in the spam folder or something because I checked on Query TRacker and there were submissions who were sent after mine that already got answered.

But I checked the addy like a thousand times and checked my sent folder, too, like Ryan said, but it was everything okay. And I hate this bc it seems I have the worst luck ever with agents and my submissions, I mean, I have 4 other agents who have my ms since a LONG time ago and haven't answered either... and they are also the ones who usually answer... but my email IS working! ARGH!

Okay... it was good to vent, LOL

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Merilee/Jennifer took 4 months to reject a full of a previous novel for me (November '09 to March '10), and didn't respond to my 3-month status query either, so I wouldn't think too much of it.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Merilee/Jennifer took 4 months to reject a full of a previous novel for me (November '09 to March '10), and didn't respond to my 3-month status query either, so I wouldn't think too much of it.

Thanks, Sage, for sharing your experience... So I guess I'll try to forget about it, then. *sighs*
Wish you luck with your own submissions!

jessicatudor

Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer asked for a partial from me on July 1 (I queried by email on June 30), and she said it would be 4-6 weeks till I could expect a response.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Dan Lazar recently? I sent him a query almost a month ago and heard nothing. is he a no response means no kinda guy?

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Poppy, when I queried him in March he was extremely quick - a day and a half to a form R. Send it again in a few weeks if you don't hear from him!

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I queried him a long time ago with a different project and he requested and rejected within a week, so I was curious. Thanks.

EagerReader

Registered
Reaction score
I queried him in May and recieved an R the next day.

Aster

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been lurking for a little while and finally joined yesterday. Just wanted to chime in to say that I queried Dan late last month and got a request for a full the next day. He rejected the MS a week later.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Sage, for sharing your experience... So I guess I'll try to forget about it, then. *sighs*
Wish you luck with your own submissions!

I'm in the same boat. Have done the status query and never heard back. It's been over 3 months for me.

c_kat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan to query Steven Malk by email, but I can't find his submission requirements. On the Writers House website the other agents have a page with their requirements and most will accept 5 or 10 pages of the novel.

Does anyone here know if Steven will accept some pages or should I query with a synopsis only?