• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying and snail mailing one of the ones there who doesn't take email... they seem to be a better fit for my MS.

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the R, Loriwriter, but on the up side, it's encouraging when a busy agent like S.G. takes the time to give you constructive feedback on your work. Hang in there.

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a partial request from Merrilee Heifetz's assistant for a query sent at the end of November. The request came through email but the query was sent through snail mail.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a partial request from Merrilee Heifetz's assistant for a query sent at the end of November. The request came through email but the query was sent through snail mail.

Did you include an SASE with the query?

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request today from Daniel Lazar's assistant Stephen Barr.

Anything interesting I should know? :D

pr3ttivacant

Registered
Reaction score
Does this mean anything, or is it just a generic response? I recently got a rejection back from Merilee Heifeitz assistant, saying that my idea was interesting, and considered, but her client list was full. It didn't faze me, but.. is that a good thing, even though I wasn't accepted? Or like I said, is it very generic?

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Does this mean anything, or is it just a generic response? I recently got a rejection back from Merilee Heifeitz assistant, saying that my idea was interesting, and considered, but her client list was full. It didn't faze me, but.. is that a good thing, even though I wasn't accepted? Or like I said, is it very generic?

Sorry, but it sounds like a form to me. You can drive yourself nuts trying to read into these things. Just check her off your list and move on to the next one. Keep querying, but more importantly, keep WRITING :)

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Poppysinarow and Redlady!!!
I've heard great things about both agents. Keep us updated.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score

That's her form rejection. I got one last year.

pr3ttivacant

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, well that's good to know. I'm sending a completely new query to Robin Rue for the same story. Anyone have experiences with her?

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! I queried Maya Rock last Monday (4th). I guess it'll be a while before I get any answers but I'm actually getting used to the whole waiting thing now.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! I queried Maya Rock last Monday (4th). I guess it'll be a while before I get any answers but I'm actually getting used to the whole waiting thing now.

Hi, good luck -- please do post when you hear back from Maya. I also queried her that Monday and usually she's a fast responder (within a few days), but I suppose coming back from the holidays she must have found her inbox quite full.

Last edited:

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request today from Daniel Lazar's assistant Stephen Barr.

Anything interesting I should know? :D

He's a fast responder and from everything I read about him is a great agent. He rejected my full only a week after I submitted, but I knew he read the whole thing from his personalized rejection. He's my dream agent and I will submit to him again. Good luck!

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
He's a fast responder and from everything I read about him is a great agent. He rejected my full only a week after I submitted, but I knew he read the whole thing from his personalized rejection. He's my dream agent and I will submit to him again. Good luck!
He gave you a personalized rejection? :heart:____:heart: Even if he rejects me, I'd love that. The last agents to have my full just gave me blatent, "Yeah... no." responses.

I can hope, but even if I don't meet up to his standards, I can get a consolation prize, right?

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. Got a nice rejection at the five day mark. Apparently they couldn't connect with my MC enough. Oh well. Next agent, here I come.

Mr. E

Registered
Reaction score
Question about Writers House -

A requested full manuscript went to Ms. Heifetz's office about 10 months ago, with a confirmation that it was received. After two follow-ups, still no word back.

Not interested, or just very busy? I'm stumped...

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Question about Writers House -

A requested full manuscript went to Ms. Heifetz's office about 10 months ago, with a confirmation that it was received. After two follow-ups, still no word back.

Not interested, or just very busy? I'm stumped...

I'd keep querying other agents, and write it off as a rejection.

In my experience Merrilee responds when you have other offers.

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Mr. E: I sent a requested partial manuscript to Ms. Heifetz a little over a year ago. I followed up with an email to her assistant after a few months, but never heard back. I shrugged and moved on because I've encountered several unresponsive agents while querying, and I thought she was just another one. I'm not sure, now, though. Looking back through these posts, it seems like this agent (or her assistant) usually respond. Have you tried following up from a different email address?

I know. Not very helpful, but at least you know you're not the only one. :)

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Mr. E: I sent a requested partial manuscript to Ms. Heifetz a little over a year ago. I followed up with an email to her assistant after a few months, but never heard back. I shrugged and moved on because I've encountered several unresponsive agents while querying, and I thought she was just another one. I'm not sure, now, though. Looking back through these posts, it seems like this agent (or her assistant) usually respond. Have you tried following up from a different email address?

I know. Not very helpful, but at least you know you're not the only one. :)

I sent a 3 month nudge on a partial to her assistant last week, and she responded with a rejection. Interesting how some agents respond to some people, but not others. Guess you have to catch them at the right time. Sorry you two haven't heard back.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys - just got a rejection from Maya. That makes about 23 days for a response, so not too over her regular response time :)

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys - just got a rejection from Maya. That makes about 23 days for a response, so not too over her regular response time :)

Same here, right after sending the status query... oh well, off to send my snail query to MH, she seems a better fit for Sci-Fi.