• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Well, hopefully you'll hear. Unfortunately, I've been seeing from a whole lot of people that Josh seems to do this a lot--lots of positive vibes in the partial request, saying he'll get back soon, then never responding despite status nudges. In fact, last time I checked at querytracker, nobody has heard back from him on a partial request (positive or negative) yet this whole year. Don't know what's going on there, but I hope your experience is different!

Thanks, Rev, I hope so too. It's been two weeks so far, but that's not an outrageous amount of time for agents to have partials, so I'm not ready to nudge quite yet. Also, after I read what people had to say here and saw the stats on querytracker, I continued my search. I've since snail-mailed two other agents and will continue until I get one. (I send out one query a week, on average.)

Swamproot

Registered
Reaction score
Long-awaited R from Jodi

Thanks so much for your thoughts, Vandal and Swamproot! :Hug2: I decided to take your advice, Vandal. :D I hope I'll hear back from JR's assistant soon.

And good luck to you both with your fulls! I hope you both get good news soon. :) LOL, I completely understand about checking your inbox often, Swamproot. :-D

Sorry to report that I finally got the long-awaited R from Alec/Jodi on my full tonight. It's actually sort of a relief after such a long wait.

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to report that I finally got the long-awaited R from Alec/Jodi on my full tonight. It's actually sort of a relief after such a long wait.
Sorry to hear about the R. Don't let it get you down. The perfect agent is out there waiting for you!

budgie_brain

Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the rejection, Swamproot. I also got my rejection today, so you have company. We can weep in self-pity together. :Hug2:;) But it's exciting that Jodi and her assistant showed interest, and you're right that it's nice to know sooner than having to wait a few months more. And your writing must be really good since you got a full request!

I totally agree with Mel A's words of encouragement--don't give up! :)

Swamproot

Registered
Reaction score
Daniel Conaway

So sorry to hear about the rejection, Swamproot. I also got my rejection today, so you have company. We can weep in self-pity together. :Hug2:;) But it's exciting that Jodi and her assistant showed interest, and you're right that it's nice to know sooner than having to wait a few months more. And your writing must be really good since you got a full request!

I totally agree with Mel A's words of encouragement--don't give up! :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement Mel A and budgie_brain. Sorry you also got an R budgie, but congratulations Mel A on finding an agent.

This experience and the ones that some of you have had with Josh remind me of my dating days. Sometimes people are all hot and heavy in the beginning, then - not so much.

Has anyone out there had ever dealt with Daniel Conaway of Writer's House? I'm thinking of querying him.

budgie_brain

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Swamproot. :Hug2:

This experience and the ones that some of you have had with Josh remind me of my dating days. Sometimes people are all hot and heavy in the beginning, then - not so much.
Haha! :D

Sorry I don't have any info RE: Daniel Conaway, but good luck!

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
I sent my query to Ms. Reamer in Feb and received it back at the beginning of Sept. I think it's normal.

still alive

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query and one page on 8-24 to Maya Rock; haven't heard anything since.

Do you think they mislaid it or just don't want to make me cry with a reject? That's over a month and ya'll seem to have heard faster.

Last edited:

CharlieBabbitt

Read. Write. Tivo.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Still Alive -- I'm with you. I sent a Q to Josh Getzler on 8/25 and haven't heard back. Anyone out there heard from him? I'm wondering at what point I can move on to the next WH agent. Is JG a non-responder for rejects? Thanks...

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
No- I queried him at the beginning of the year and received a nice R back from him. Hang in there. But it took almost two months...

still alive

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
CharlieB, I just got a rejection from Maya Rock. Cold, one line, form.

I wish you better luck!

SA

AshElizabeth

Registered
Reaction score
Josh asked for a today partial. . Has anyone heard back from him recently?

CharlieBabbitt

Read. Write. Tivo.
Registered
Reaction score
AshElizabeth -- Congratulations!! Can I ask when you sent your Q? Mine is still out there and I'm just wondering on the timing... Fingers crossed he loves your partial...

AshElizabeth

Registered
Reaction score
AshElizabeth -- Congratulations!! Can I ask when you sent your Q? Mine is still out there and I'm just wondering on the timing... Fingers crossed he loves your partial...

Thanks! I'm excited, but it's so nerve-wracking waiting on partials and fulls!

I sent my Q on 9/27. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a request from whoever you sent your Q to at writer's house!

CharlieBabbitt

Read. Write. Tivo.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the timeline. I sent mine to Josh on 8/25 -- you must have really knocked his socks off! Hope your wait isn't too long....

AshElizabeth

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the timeline. I sent mine to Josh on 8/25 -- you must have really knocked his socks off! Hope your wait isn't too long....

I hope so! I even got a "P.S." at the bottom of the request. *does dance* but I've read that he usually replies to queries, even if it's a rejection, so hang in there. he might be sitting on it and thinking "oh, this is good. i'm going to wait a few weeks and see if it resonates with me."

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Josh asked for a today partial. . Has anyone heard back from him recently?

Congrats, AshElizabeth! :)

I queried Josh on September 10th. Within an hour he replied and asked for a partial. Since then it's been crickets. It's not unheard of for agents to have a partial for 6-8 weeks before responding, but eventually I will nudge. Hope you hear back faster (with good news)! :)

CharlieBabbitt - you e-queried, right? If you haven't heard by early next week, I'd nudge on the query. Josh has been pretty quick on those, from what I've read in this forum. Maybe it got lost in cyberspace? Happens....

CharlieBabbitt

Read. Write. Tivo.
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, DB -- sent e-query. It's 6 wks tomorrow. Thanks for the info -- I'll nudge him soon. Good luck with your partial -- hope you hear good news!!

Brooks

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new and feeling very much lost. Two weeks ago I recieved a request for a partial from Jody Reamer. I was just wondering, does her rejection usually come via email or snail mail? And what is a good time frame to expect a response? Thanks for your help.

budgie_brain

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new and feeling very much lost. Two weeks ago I recieved a request for a partial from Jody Reamer. I was just wondering, does her rejection usually come via email or snail mail? And what is a good time frame to expect a response? Thanks for your help.

Hi Brooks :welcome:

When I got a partial request from JR, I sent the partial via email. About a month later, I got a rejection also via email. But I know others in this thread have waited quite a bit longer--several months. Good luck! :)