• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
AFAIK it is OK to query other WH agents after a rejection from one.
I did it (didn't help much though)

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Am wondering if I should try any other WH agents now, though. I had been under the impression that he refers things if he thinks other WH agents would be interested.

Definitely query others. I've had a couple partial & full requests from different WH agents. No luck yet, though.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Request for partial

I queried Josh Getzler on 5/18 and today got an email requesting a 50 page partial. I did let him know that 5 agents have requested my full, in case that makes any difference in how soon he wants to look at it. Since I only got those requests in the last month, I haven't heard back from them yet....so we'll see what plays out.

Jimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmjanik.homestead.com
I'm certainly glad to hear Josh is back at his computer interacting with us poor souls once again. He's had my partial without a peep since March 2.

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
Maya Rock requested my full on 02/28 and I haven't heard anything from her since. I've sent two "pings" but haven't gotten a response to either. Any advice?

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
I'm certainly glad to hear Josh is back at his computer interacting with us poor souls once again. He's had my partial without a peep since March 2.
I never heard back from him, either, Jimmer. My work was sent off in February. I've written it off at this point and moved on to another manuscript.

Jimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmjanik.homestead.com
Publishing has got to be the least efficient business model in the solar system.

Publishing makes government bureaucracy look nimble.

It's embarrassing. Shameful.

Ridiculous.

Glamour177

Needs to Learn Patience.
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you that might have been waiting for Jodi Reamer's office, I just got a big R from her office. :cry:My partial was sent in on 3/25.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you that might have been waiting for Jodi Reamer's office, I just got a big R from her office. :cry:My partial was sent in on 3/25.

I've been waiting for her to respond since 4/17. My R is imminent.

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score

My partial was rejected this morning, too, Glamour (after a 5-month wait). I feel your pain...

The letter was very professional and kind, but I do wonder if Ms. Reamer herself ever read the pages. I got the feeling that the assistant made the decision. Just a hunch. *shrugs*

Onward and upward, I guess...

Last edited:

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
12-hour rejection from Lindsay Davis. Alas. This is my first response to queries on my new book. It's been a while since I last played the query game, and it looks like I need to drag out my old dragon hide suit. :p

Pesimisticus

Join us. We have cookies.
Registered
Reaction score
DL

Anybody queried Dan lately? I just queried him Friday and got an auto response that he's out of the office. I'm hoping to get a response before they all go on vacation ;)

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody queried Dan lately? I just queried him Friday and got an auto response that he's out of the office. I'm hoping to get a response before they all go on vacation ;)

I queried Dan on 7/8/09 and received a response on 7/9/09 (rejection) -- both via e-mail. He's very fast!
Good luck!

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you with partials and fulls with Jodi, her assistant is firing off rejections again today. Myself and another writer I know just received ours. Good luck to those of you still waiting. And in case you want to know, it is a form rejection. :( (not a big surprise though).

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Jodi requires a snail mail query. Do her rejections come via e-mail?

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
For those of you with partials and fulls with Jodi, her assistant is firing off rejections again today. Myself and another writer I know just received ours. Good luck to those of you still waiting. And in case you want to know, it is a form rejection. :( (not a big surprise though).

Sorry, Tulli. I know you've been waiting for awhile.

Maybe I'll get my query R soon!

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Juneluv12. It's been so long it no longer felt real that she had it. All I wanted was the closure. I'm still thrilled she requested the partial, though. That was big in itself. Meanwhile, I'm finishing off the requested revisions made by another agent, plus I'm busy working on two new novels (one's almost complete and one's in the outlining stage). :D Yes, life and writing do go on even while waiting.

Sage, no they come via the SASE you were supposed to enclose with the query. The partial requests come either by that or via email.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
OKay, cool. I'll keep my eye on the mailbox still then.

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Juneluv12. It's been so long it no longer felt real that she had it. All I wanted was the closure. I'm still thrilled she requested the partial, though. That was big in itself.

This was exactly how I felt - glad/excited for the request, but thankful for the rejection (the closure) when it finally came.

Swamproot

Registered
Reaction score
For those who have a partial with Jodi and are still waiting to hear: I submitted mine to Alec Shane, Jodi's assistant, at his request in response to my query and synopsis on April 20, 2009. Alec read it and requested a full on July 30, 2009. Alec said he would read it over the weekend or in the next few weeks, and if he likes it, he would recommend that Jodi read the full. He said that he and Jodi usually agree on the merits of a manuscript, but not always. I would expect Alec to be the filter through which your query/partial/full must pass before it gets to Jodi from now on, as I get the feeling Jodi is inundated with queries and manuscripts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

bluehippo

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with Maya Rock. I queried her back in June and never heard anything back from her. I just wondered if she usually sends rejections or doesn't respond to those she's not interested in.