William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i, of course, have no official role at AW, but i nevertheless want to take the opportunity to thank all of you who have posted your poetry and shared your comments in this forum.

there are 23 pages of posts currently, and a full one third of them have been active within the last 6 weeks. the other two-thirds span three years(!)

that's an exponential growth in activity, and it pleases me to no end as one who thinks that the art form of poetry has been viciously shat upon by our culture.

so, again, thanks. i know i can always find something (and someone) interesting here, and hopefully we can encourage more AWers to drop in from time to time.

have a great weekend.

-willliam

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to you William, for always sharing your work. I haven't shared poetry in years. Seeing all the wonderful poetry here is very inspiring. It really prompted me to share what I've done, albeit meager... And thanks to everyone for their kind comments and words of encouragement. It really does mean a lot. :)

And Haskins, when did you turn into a nice guy? :kiss:

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Hi William,

I too can sense something abrew (not really a word, but it should be), in the poetry forum. And I'm a newcomer to AW, so if I can detect the tremors, can the earthquake be far behind?

JAlpha

PS
Congrats on your Idol victory:Trophy:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
So where're you at, brother? Jump in and let your voice be heard - you've gotta know that your input is immensely appreciated here.

Hell, you don't need to tell us the exact ritual you use to concoct your wicked lays - just point us in the right direction so we don't blow nothing up at least.

Congratulations on snatching the bone of victory from the jaws of defeat.

Just curious: What kind of dirt did you have on Jenna and the judges anyway???

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Haskins has NOTHIN on me, NOTHIN! :) He's just a great writer and an excellent poet. He does need to watch that cyber-gun though, no harming my fellow judges William! ;)

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
lol! you know that whole thing is just a misunderstanding. someone asked for a "smoke" to be sent through their internet connection, and i offered to blow a shotgun into my monitor, which means something entirely different than anything having to do with a firearm (though now that i think about it, in "platoon", willem dafoe blew someone a shotgun... through a shotgun.)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
That's not what I heard! But I'll let it go this time. :) (yes, I remember that in platoon)

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Hi William and everyone. I thoroughly enjoy reading through everyone's poetry, so please do keep sharing with us. I've only added one poem so far, but plan to share more very soon. I write so much poetry and look forward to improving my poetry with ya'lls help.

Nice post, William!

:)

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
William Haskins said:
lol! you know that whole thing is just a misunderstanding. someone asked for a "smoke" to be sent through their internet connection, and i offered to blow a shotgun into my monitor, which means something entirely different than anything having to do with a firearm (though now that i think about it, in "platoon", willem dafoe blew someone a shotgun... through a shotgun.)

And I never did get that cigarette! :)
Thanks for putting this thread here, William. I hope you don't mind if I post a few scraps here now and then.
I love your poetry. It makes me reach into the part of my brain I've never been able to find.

EDIT: If at any time any of you feel what I post does not fit this forum, please let me know.
Joanne

Last edited: