Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1237627781828384858687
Results 2,151 to 2,164 of 2164

Thread: Tate Publishing

They HAVE to have money, they themselves can't be broke, not with the millions a year they have raked in for years and years. If they truly can't make bail then their council will be "court appointed", good luck guys (not

paranormal erotic romance gingerwoman's Avatar
    If only this would happen to the even bigger vanity publishers that are involved in fraud.
    Paranormal Romance -Menage - Erotic Romance from Samhain Publishing 4th place for Best Published Paranormal in the Passionate Plume award.

Read the blurb for Wicked Safari and buy it here.

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
    http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go Gravity's Avatar
    Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
    One of the more amazing things about this is I think in their heart of hearts (assuming they have one) is they really, truly thought they'd get away with this forever.

You have to understand 'sincere' religious fraudsters. These folks honestly believe Jesus will forgive them anything. So they're always gobsmacked when secular authorities trip them on little things like fraud, extortion, and tax evasion.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Mel101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filigree View Post
    You have to understand 'sincere' religious fraudsters. These folks honestly believe Jesus will forgive them anything. So they're always gobsmacked when secular authorities trip them on little things like fraud, extortion, and tax evasion.
    Lol I am a Christian and can confirm this. It's all rather sad.

New Adult Romance Author marielong's Avatar
    Wow! I am so glad to see these crooks are finally shut down!! Their main website is down: https://www.tatepublishing.com/

However, it looks like another vanity publisher is trying to pick up the pieces: http://dogearpublishing.net/landing/...MlGGgKLTfD_BwE

Cut off one head, and 5 more grow in its place.

Still, Tate Publishing has been scamming authors for years. This is a big victory for authors. I personally know someone who was published with Tate. I need to let her know what's going on, because I'm sure she doesn't keep up with the news.

Now, if only Author Solutions would meet the same fate...
    Award-winning author of the Anderson Brothers Series
    www.marielongauthor.com

Quote Originally Posted by marielong View Post
    However, it looks like another vanity publisher is trying to pick up the pieces:
    From their website: "Choose the BEST Self Publisher for YOUR Book" :facepalm:
    Bob Mueller
    Books | Web | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Author Instagram | Personal Instagram
    I am slowly building a Twitter List of AW members.

Comment on Reddit: "Tate is the publishing version of a Nigerian Prince."
    Bob Mueller
    Books | Web | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Author Instagram | Personal Instagram

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Travelermom's Avatar
    There are a lot of sharks in the water. One needs to be careful.

The King and Queen of Cheese BenPanced's Avatar
    If you sign the general release, you're probably still getting screwed in the process, anyway:
    I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC and its subsidiaries, officers, executives, employees, and any such heirs they may have. I understand that termination of these agreements does not entitle me to any refund or monetary compensation whatsoever.
    And if you want your files returned, there's an option to pay a $50 "processing fee for file recovery" ("How much are you gonna charge if I don't want your lousy files? $100?") No charge if you don't want anything returned; everything they have on hand will be destroyed and/or deleted.

But you can still order from them, if you honestly, truly, and really need CDs, books, or promo materials. To quote Mrs. Betty Bowers, "Glory!"

Is this even possible?
    I understand that termination of these agreements does not entitle me to any refund or monetary compensation whatsoever. I understand that my obligations regarding confidentiality and dispute resolution under the contract shall continue in perpetuity.
    I still poop rainbows.

I won't steal any of your ideas. I have enough of my own I'm not using.

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go Gravity's Avatar
    Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
    In the Tates' twisted ethos, sadly, yes.
    Cameron Bane

PITFALL now out through WildBlue Press, August 2015

www.cameronbanebooks.com

Heh. A friend of mine went with Tate years back. That $50 processing fee was one last scam attempt to grab money before they fled the country. He didn't pay, others did, and they got burned for it. Now my friend's trying to get in on some class-action action.
    My Twitter
    My Blog
    My Facebook Page
    My Web Page
    My most recent release:

DIRE:SINS

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred Chris P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
    And if you want your files returned, there's an option to pay a $50 "processing fee for file recovery" ("How much are you gonna charge if I don't want your lousy files? $100?") No charge if you don't want anything returned; everything they have on hand will be destroyed and/or deleted.
    PublishAmerica/America Star Books does something similar when you get your rights back. If I recall correctly, the only things PA owns (as opposed to the author) is the cover art and book layout. The text is still the author's. Cover art will be redone by the next publisher if I can find one, or done new cheaply if I self publish, and since I own the text why would I want to pay for the layout?

Take home: find out if you already own the parts you want before paying a fee to get back something you don't want or need.
    Coming to DC for the Library of Congress Book Festival? Let's meet up! Reply in this thread or send me a PM September 2, 2017

Join any time!
    Take the 2017 AW Reading Challenge. Pick 12 books from a list of topics and read/discuss with us throughout the year.

There are a couple of FB support groups for authors affected by this:

Ex- Tate Publishing Authors and Artists

Support to Authors Affected by Tate Publishing
    Bob Mueller

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1237627781828384858687