• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tate Publishing

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
At my work email account, I just received a press release from a Ryan Sheehan at Yorkshire Publishing, headed "The Forgotten Victims of Tate Publishing." Basically, it's a lament for the Tate authors whose books will be pulled from retailers, ending with a paragraph offering them the handy services of Yorkshire Publishing, located in Tulsa.

For those authors who are seeking assistance getting their titles relisted or their projects completed, Yorkshire Publishing invites you to reach out and contact us. We will be happy to review your options and plot a path forward. With a history spanning nearly 20 years, we have the experience and knowledge to help in this challenging time.

Off to see if Yorkshire has a thread.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ryan Sheehan's name rang a bell in my brain so loud I had to hunt it down:

Victory Graphics and Media/Yorkshire Publishing thread, mentioning Ryan Sheehan and his "laughable Publishing Guru site" in 2010. He became Marketing Director in 2014, it appears.

I won't steal your thunder of posting there the email you received. I just had to silence the bell.

Maryn, with a xylophone up there

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, and it names Ryan Tate individually and personally responsible for a half million dollars. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. (Cough-cough!) It's a start.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
C Alberts, that was such a satisfying read:)
Any bets though that EVERYTHING Ryan Tate owns is in his WIFES name? That's the usual thing most scammers think of first. The house, the summer home, the cars etc. Now, that protection isn't absolute but it makes putting liens on things far more difficult if the judgement you get is only on HIM and not also HER. Of course, if she just decides to leave him...:)

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
I was going to pass this on to Writer Beware, but they're already ahead of things:

UPDATE 5/4/17: Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter filed eight felony charges and one misdemeanor charge against Ryan and Richard Tate for alleged fraudulent business practices. Charges include four felony counts of embezzlement, one felony count of attempted extortion by threat, two felony counts of extortion by threat, one felony count of racketeering and one misdemeanor count of embezzlement.

http://kfor.com/2017/05/04/charges-...publishing-for-fraudulent-business-practices/

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Usually the word Felony doesn't fill me with such warmth...

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Founder, CEO of Tate Publishing arrested

This is datelined today (4 May 2017).

tatesmugs.jpg

Perhaps we'll finally learn where and when "Doctor" Tate earned his degree.

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
There has been great rejoicing throughout the state of Oklahoma at yesterday's breaking news... and while it was certainly a joy to behold on screen and on TV, there was something especially satisfying to read those headlines and see those pictures in my hard copy newspaper this morning over coffee. I don't know if the Tate boys had to spend the night in jail or not, but as of late yesterday afternoon they were still trying to scrape together their bail and had to surrender their passports.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
as of late yesterday afternoon they were still trying to scrape together their bail

I hope their lawyers tell them their defense is free, they just need to come up with $30,000 in "publicity and coordination fees." Perhaps the Tates should hold bake sales, take out loans, and beg relatives for the money like they made their authors do.