Help! Wjat do I do?

hope

Registered
Reaction score
Help! What do I do?

Got the following response to a query letter, with sample chapters included:

"Please do send by email..."

What do I do? Do I send the full manuscript or a partial? I read somewhere that I should send each chapter as an individual file attachment? Should I do that or just send the entire manuscript as a single file? Or, should I just email the person and ask them for clarification?

brainstrains

4-8-8-4
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, god no, don't send each chapter as an individual file! If she doesn't specify how much to send, just send the full manuscript! And make sure you note in the subject line and body of the email that you are sending the manuscript per her request, so there's no confusion.

hope

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm going to send the full today. As you can tell by the creative spelling in the title of this thread I was a "little" excited yesterday.

Valona

Registered
Reaction score
Are you certain she accepts e-queries? Maybe she's telling you not to send your query by email. If that's the case, you'll have to send it via snail mail.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Call and ask. Tell her you know how valuable her time is but you received an incomplete email(?) response from her and only want to send her what she expects -- complete manuscript or how many sample chapters? Don't push for any other info, although you might ask her if she would or would not like "Requested Material" printed on the outside of the envelope you send.