I've spent the last week researching agents and such and breaking them up into two groups.
Those that'll accept emails and those that wont.
The last two days I've been emailing those who do in fact accept emailed queries.
As per usual I didn't expect to hear from anyone for months, but a fellow I emailed this evening has responded very quickly, with very useful critical feedback and a show of interest.
The fellows name is Michael Murphy and a Googlesearch seems to reveal nothing sinister, in fact quite the opposite.
I emailed him specifically because his online bio suggested he liked "quirky visual books" which is exactly what I'm peddling.
So I have some questions.
1) Should I be shocked to get a response so quickly.
2) Has anyone heard of him? His website is HERE.
3) Does anything on that website strike you as odd or out of place?
4) Would it be poor protocol to post his response on here?
5) If I pursue this now should I stop sending the blasted thing out to all other places?
I guess the thing is that I've been bitten once, so I'm a little nervous of being excited.