The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Diggs Editorial Services (formerly Diggs McQuillar, Inc.)

Halfway between here and there Maui Author's Avatar

Diggs Editorial Services (formerly Diggs McQuillar, Inc.)

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Diggs McQuillar, Inc or Anita Diggs. She is a fairly new agent, but just wanted to see if anyone had any information.

Thanks!
    Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who donít want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people.
    - Randy Pausch

FYI: Link to her AQ page.

Looks new to agenting, but not new to publishing if those credentials are accurate.
    <clickety to see my books

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin River Rat's Avatar
    Her blog seems to push her manuscript evaluation services. It doesn't say anything about her agency, which seems odd to me.

FYI, I rec'd spam from her today. She found my address on writers.net; I don't even remember registering there so she's probably right about it being ages ago:

"A long time ago, you listed the following information on www.writers.net, which tells me that you might want an evaluation of your work.
    "

[all that's listed here is my name & e-mail address, and the facts that I haven't had a novel published & am not a freelance NF writer]

"I have worked on staff as a book editor for Random House, Time Warner Trade Publishing and Thunder's Mouth Press. I only charge $2.00 per page for a complete critique - Characters, Plot, Dialogue, Pace, Setting, Imagery, and Theme - plus a page-by-page review. Attached to this email is a sample evaluation that I did for another writer. It will show you how thorough and precise my critiques are. Please read it and then visit http://themanuscripteditor.blogspot.com for details about how to hire me.

All best,
    Anita

P.S. Here are what a few of my published authors have to say about my work on their books:"

Followed by four quotes from authors pubbed by Random House & Warner, between 2002 & 2005.

figuring it all out
    I do know that this agent was removed from Querytracker.net on account of the editorial fee-charging. I'm a bit surprised she's listed on AgentQuery.com

Also, non-fiction only.

Tri

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Agency closed to become Diggs Editorial Services, but site (diggseditorialservices.com) is gone and blog (http://themanuscripteditor.blogspot.com/) hasn't been updated in a year.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: