• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Cohen Agency (Roberta Cohen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I've googled myself cross-eyed and can't find my old sub-agent of the Richard Curtis agency. This was 1990. At that time she expressed her desire to start up her own agency. And it looks like she's made that transition. She's very savvy, and enjoys working with SF and Fantasy. She also became a good friend.

I opened this thread to expose others to her, should we find her, or something on her.

This is all I have:

Rob Cohen, The Cohen Agency
331 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019

Anybody have any contact with/or remember her from Richard Curtis?

Tri

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
She's a member of AAR. One site says "for women writers and especially romance." AAR lists the agency as Ms. Rob Cohen. She's apparently up and running. I couldn't find anything else in the quick search, but I'll poke around a little and see what I come up with.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is she also a novelist writing under the pen name of Roberta Gayle?
Because there is a literary agent, in NY a Bobby Cohen, female who writes/agents as such.... and it's romance I believe.

Last edited:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
She's a member of AAR. One site says "for women writers and especially romance." AAR lists the agency as Ms. Rob Cohen.
I don't see a listing for her on the AAR website. There are some outdated AAR listings reproduced by others (such as this one) that list her as a member, but she doesn't appear to be a current member. That doesn't necessarily mean anything bad--reputable agents don't always choose to be AAR members--but it is a reason to be careful about sources on the Internet.

- Victoria

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like her, kimmi. Although I could be wrong.

Tri
:D Ahh, do you remember what she looked like? I searched way back to find, now there are no sales on Publishers Marketplace for her, however a NY article. I love a good mystery. ;)

Last edited:

Horseshoes

lisapreston.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisapreston.com
That is not a good addy... she moved mailing addys a few times and moved res to the Bronx in '04, which is the addy I have. If it's cool to release it, she'd have it out there, I think.

When she was still w/ Curtis, she assisted w/ some top women fic, Wiggs and Hannah, for ex, but they did not go w/ her and both are now elsewhere (have been for many moons).
She ain't super warm to email but I can drop her a line or call her if you really want to reconnect.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Thanks, Horeshoe. I guess if she really wanted the exposure, she would have had a website by now. I don't know what the deal is. Perhaps it's only a part-time gig with her. I don't know.

Kimmi, I'm 99% positive that she was African American. Somebody might have seen her speaking at a conference.

Tri

Status
Not open for further replies.