• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] RLR Literary / RLR Associates, Ltd.

scarletfox

Registered
Reaction score
What do you guys know about RLR Associates? They seem to have experience, but their company also works in a bunch of other areas as well. Do y'all think it's legit?

zizban

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.chippewapublishing.com
They look good. A google search turned up nothing bad and on their web site they mention they will provide references upon request. If you want to dig deeper, request some authors they represent and book sales made but I think they are OK.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Under recent releases they show books sold to major publishers (Warner and Penguin). Their client list is 4 pages long. You could probably find email addresses for at least some of those authors by Googling.

Best guess (but without Victoria's expertise)? They're legit.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
RLR Literary

Any have info about RLR Literary? Their website is here, http://www.rlrliterary.net/. Their site seems legitimate and lists sales, but I can't find much else on google. They've got a $ on P and E.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Gosh, they seem to handle every part of the media there is, with most concentration on sports, T.V. broadcasting, directing, producing. They do have one literary agent that handles all books, and I don't know effective she is at this. The literary division seems like it's just a tack-on, to broaden the other interests, but I might be wrong. They have excellent sales recorded, with some names and claims.

I've never heard of them. Wait for some other opinions. They seem okay, but they do not concentrate solely on writers.

Tri

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But I can't find them on P&E. They represent Edgar award winners, and I'm a mystery writer, but just wanted to check with you guys. I couldn't find anything about them via search on the forums.

Robin,

Found the agency on P&E:

RLR Associates: $ A literary agency

That dollar sign, naturally, is a good sign! :)

Hopefully someone who has experience with them will jump in here.

Good luck!

~Nancy

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Scott Gould asked for my last two manuscripts and turned them both down. He is gracious and I think extremely professional. I think he made a mistake with the last ms., but we'll see. I have nothing but the highest regard for him, however. I think you'll be happy if you land him.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Scott Gould asked for my full. Going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
Scott Gould asked for my full manuscript (fictional memoir, satire) about three hours after I queried him. I get good vibes from this agency, although I agree that it seems their focus isn't primarily on literature, but on other kinds of media. I emailed him my doc on Monday afternoon, so keeping my fingers crossed. Would love to work with him. Send good wishes my way! (I'm a newbie at this, and need all the luck I can get).

Blueridge

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jennifer Unter from RLR yesterday. She's represented several writers whose NF books are similar to mine, so she made my "A" list.

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Scott Gould asked for my full manuscript (fictional memoir, satire) about three hours after I queried him. I get good vibes from this agency, although I agree that it seems their focus isn't primarily on literature, but on other kinds of media. I emailed him my doc on Monday afternoon, so keeping my fingers crossed. Would love to work with him. Send good wishes my way! (I'm a newbie at this, and need all the luck I can get).
Hey sleepsheep, what happened on this ms? I just queried Scott Gould on a commercial fiction ms, so wondering about your experience.
~ hawk

clarkbrother

Wait... I'm thinking.
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Scott Gould at 2:30 pm yesterday and at 3:55 pm he responded by requesting a synopsis and a full. Lightning fast! I'll let you know what happens. <fingers crossed>

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
FYI for anyone e-querying, use the address on the RLR website:

I just e-queried Scott Gould at RLR. I used his e-mail address from the RLR website, then--when double-checking the RLR listing at PM--I noticed that Scott's e-mail address was different. Worried that I may have queried the wrong e-mail, I called the agency and THEY double-checked for me. The e-mail for Scott Gould on the PM website is incorrect, but the one listed on the RLR website is correct.

Hope this helps! :)

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
His PM page says 'send query and sample'. How many pages/chapters does he consider to be a sample? Or, what have others sent?

Hi August! I sent (by e-mail) my query, plus a character overview (paragraph descriptions of most of my characters), based on what I read on both PM & the RLR website. Hope that helps!

TherapistWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donnaglaser.biz
Has anyone else noticed that their sales records seem to stop in 2006-7? And this is from their website. I would think it would have been updated sometime in the last two years. Can anyone find anything more recent?
Thanks!

Repunzel

Registered
Reaction score
Lots of stuff posted for 2008-09 on PM. Not a lot of fiction.

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
It may be a little late to ask (seeing as how I already queried Scott Gould today), but does anyone have any recent experiences with him?