Author Chow

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
"Dump Soup"

1 large can Veg-All mixed vegetables (DO NOT drain)
1 can corned beef (not the fresh kind in the meat locker, the kind in the "canned meat" aisle)
1 small can tomato paste
1 small can tomato sauce
Various and sundry spices including (but not limited to) oregano, thyme, basil, chili powder, pepper...whatever you like
1 good-sized or 2 small bay leaves

Dump it all in a soup pot, break up the canned corned beef with hands, add 1 veggie canfull of water, heat to simmer and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes or so. Goes great with a pan of cornbread. Refrigerate leftovers...even better the second day.

This one's my husband's favorite quick meal...It's a good, quick and a (semi-) healthy alternative to the "other" stuff my boys insist on eating...pizza, hot dogs, pretty much anything that comes outta a box.

WVWG

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
This recipe my husband made for me within the first few weeks of me meeting him.

Brown a few chicken breast, set aside

Saute chopped cilantro; a small bunch,
two or three sliced serrano peppers
and half a chopped onion in olive oil

In a baking dish, cover bottom with sliced tomatoes
Put chicken on top
then cilantro mixture
then another layer of sliced tomatoes
Cover generously with sliced Monterey Jack cheese
Bake @ 350 for 45 min-an hour.

He served it with homemade spanish rice. The dish is to die for, and he is the bomb!:Hail:

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wurd don'tch love a man that cooks. Even better, when he likes cooking. I just finished eating supper, which my husband cooked for me. ummmm

Nita

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Golden West brand frozen tamales, one per person. Steam them, following directions on wrapper and observing the time. Start basmati brown rice cooking when you start the tamales. Make guacamole and refrigerate. Prepare small bowls of cut-up tomatoes and cut-up cheese. Go away. Come back when tamales are about half done, by the clock. Turn them over. Go away again. Return when they're done. Peel them. Serve everything.

KellyS.

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chicken Supreme

1 pound chicken breasts (usually cut into chunks)
2 cans cream o'chicken soup
Stuffing Mix
3/4 lb Swiss cheese

Chicken in bottom of pan
Swiss cheese on top of that (Usually get the slices or shredded)
Soup spread over cheese

Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes

Before you are ready to take it out of oven, melt 1/4 cup of butter in a saucepan on stovetop. Once melted stir in stuffing seasoning. Remove from heat and add the stuffing. Stir it until the stuffing is covered with the butter/seasoning mixture. You may need more than 1/4 cup of butter as I do it by sight and can't remember exact measurement.

Remove the chicken/soup/cheese combination (lol) from the oven and cover it with the stuffing mixture. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Frozen pizza is also quick. :)

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
I'm a big fan of Hot Pockets... but only the ones with those nifty heaty-uppy pouch things that make them all crispy and such.

There is no other way to eat a Hot Pocket.

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Heat a frozen breaded chicken breast in the microwave. Open bag of prepared salad mix. Cut chicken into chunks and mix with the salad in a bowl. Add dressing. Later, be sure to wipe spilled blobs of salad dressing off ms before sending!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
Get a wife who cooks.
Repeat if wife dies.
Shoot, we're doing it all backward, as usual. I'm both the cook and the writer! All he does is pay for most of the stuff we need to live...

Maryn

KellyS.

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quick and extremely sweet dessert.

I found this recipe in the coupon section of my newspaper. Made it last night and pretty much had to fight my two boys off with a stick to keep them from getting more. Sugar rush.

Pineapple Angel Lush

1 pkg (4-serving size) Jello Vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling
1 can (20 oz.) Dole Crushed Pineapple in juice, undrained
1 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
1 pkg (10 oz.) prepared round angel food cake
10 small strawberries

MIX dry pudding mix and pineapple with juice in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.

CUT cake horizontally into 3 layers.

PLACE bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate. Spread 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture onto cake layer; cover with middle cake layer. Spread 1 cup of the pudding mixture onto middle cake layer; top with remaining cake layer. Spread with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 10 servings

Galoot

I am a pretty pretty flower
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thegaloot.blogspot.com
Own cats. Accept their gifts.

We have six cats and we eat like kings, I tell you. Robin, mole, bat, rat, earthworm... no shortage of side dishes here.

KellyS.

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Galoot said:
Own cats. Accept their gifts.

We have six cats and we eat like kings, I tell you. Robin, mole, bat, rat, earthworm... no shortage of side dishes here.

That's just wrong in so many ways. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.