Not open for further replies.

Galoot

I am a pretty pretty flower
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thegaloot.blogspot.com
reph said:
Galoot, that link took me to a page where I could do nothing but type access codes, in endless cycles, much like Purgatory. I can pretty well guess who Eric Siegel is, though.
Ain't that a rotter! :(

Well, I'd save you the trouble and just post the private information of Eric Siegel from Atlanta, Georgia to this public forum, but that would probably be wrong. I respect Eric Siegel's right to privacy as much as he respects yours.

Besides, I don't have to. You can get it here or by typing "zabasearch.com" into the form at Network Solutions.

My conscience is clear.

Galoot

I am a pretty pretty flower
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thegaloot.blogspot.com
drgnlvr said:
OKay, call me stupid but...Who is Eric Siegal?
Eric Siegel is the name listed as the administrative contact for Zabasearch. His name, address, phone number and email address all reside behind those links up there.

Hey, it's out there, why not share it with anyone who's curious? I just hope someone who's angry about Zabasearch doesn't run across that personal contact information. Just like I'm sure he hopes nobody's stalker uses Zabasearch to look up their victim.

And call me stupid, but why do you call yourself "dragonliver?"

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Why because she's such a rare and unique ingredient, Galoot...

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Galoot said:
And call me stupid, but why do you call yourself "dragonliver?"

It's dragonlover :wag:

And It was the on-line nick I picked many, many moons ago when I was in an IRC channel connected with Elfwood. I also collect the silly darn things.

:ROFL:

I also collect swords, btw. *EG*

;)

Last edited:

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
Well it has me listed with an old address but it says I was born in a different month AND in 1944. :Smack:

....Works for me....

scullars

Writer/Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Wonder if this will be effective. Sent an email with the link to a gossip columnist at EOnline letting them know that stars unpublished information is being given away freely. He seems good at answering his emails, so maybe once he plugs in a name or two, he'll pass the word on to his cronies and acquaintances. A few disgruntled stars demanding the site's cessation might be more effective than just notifying the attys general. We'll see.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's one of the things I tried, too, typing in the names of celebrities. They're among the at-risk group for major invasion of privacy by those who could harm them, don't you think?

(Must be a bummer having the name of a celebrity--and there's a lot of them. Also a surprising number of Bilbo Baggins listings!)

I also typed in the name of the attorney general in my state No address, but I got a phone number that not a government office prefix and could be his home.

Hmm, who to phone first, Keanu, Brad, Johnny...

KellyS.

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. It had my address and my birth month and year, but no phone number. I have been on a site where you look up a street name. It will tell you every street number and who lives at each. That was freaky too. I'll have to try to find that one again.

What's weird about that link is that it has my middle initial as well. The only place that ended up was when I applied for my copyright and then stupid PA put it on their site and on the idiotic papers they send to the addresses you supply. May mean nothing, but I still don't like it.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Luckily, there I've got too common a name for them to easily find me and I'll be damned if I'll fill in all the blanks for them.

There's no way to tell if by filling in the first page if you're adding yourself to a cold fusion driven database.

I'll pass, thank you.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
You have to wonder where they got the info. I'm not listed at all, my husband is listed with an incorrect middle initial (actually he doesn't have one) , my older child is not listed at all, and the birthdate is wrong on the younger, although the address is right. My one childs significant other is listed only at an old address. I would say that the listings cannot be from the phone book, because I'm in the white pages, but not listed here, and my husband's name is correctly listed in the phone book, but incorrect here. Also on all legal documents, he uses his correct name which is just first-last (no middle initial) so I question whether the source really is publically available legal docs.

Chacounne

Registered
Reaction score
Weirdness

My husband is listed under a 15 year old address, his son is listed with just a phone number, his daughter is listed with current contact info but the wrong birthdate. The info isn't from SSI or DSHS because his info would be current. Hmm, time to write the Attorney General, Congress, and media.

Not happy in the least,
Chacounne

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
Now that 'publicly available information' is a whole lot more accessible, it IS becoming a concern.

In my country (Australia) it is even more bizarre. The database of criminal records which is publicly funded is not available to the public - only to the police, courts etc. (Schools do a criminal record check for paedophiles etc, but they don't have access to the database - they have special permission to query the police who simply say 'yes' or 'no')

But the fact that an individual has gone to court, and had a certain outcome - that is public information. So a PRIVATE database has been set up to collect that information, and for $20 will give you the criminal record of anyone you want.

So the PUBLICLY funded database is PRIVATE, and the PRIVATELY funded database is PUBLIC...

Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.