• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Croce Agency (Nicholas Croce)

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Has anyone heard of The Croce agency, pres. Nicholas Croce located in NJ? From his website he appears to be a one agent operation taking a wide varity of genres.

Stlight

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I also am wondering about this place. Anyone have any info or experience to share?

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
I subbed to him a few months back, he asked for a full, I sent it. But in the months after that I sold the book so I sent him an email withdrawing it from submission, didn't hear back from him.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Just looking at his website - he lists about five clients, but only two seem to have recent books published. The others have manuscripts described, but no publishers named for them.
He does appear to have some background in publishing, and the editor to agent path isn't uncommon. How long has the agency been in business? The Publisher's Marketplace page says 10 years, but it's described here as a new agency, established 2008.

Hmm... One of his authors, Michael East, was previously published (2003) by Authorhouse. No other titles found for that author.
The Rignani book is to be published by a university press, but I don't know if that would require an agent.
Mark Williams's 2007 book was published by HarperCollins, but it's not clear whether it was sold by Croce - it doesn't seem to be the one described on Croce's website (and if the agency was established 2008, this wasn't their sale.)

I dunno. I'd wait on this agent and see what sort of track record he developed.
-Barbara

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I just received a request for a full from this agent, which I sent. But having read these comments, I have to push him to the bottom of my list.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
I queried and got a polite "not for me" form reply.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed the date but was unaware of the "former."
Anyone seen the 2009 WD list of writing forums?

jjpennstate

Banned
Reaction score
Caution!!!!!!!!

Caution!!! Agreed to take me on as a client, provided glowing feedback, put me on his website, and then suddently dropped me after "re-evaluating" the manuscript. Work with him at your own risk! Questionable professionalism.

Last edited:

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent experience with this agent? I can't find him on P&E, and many of the above links no longer work. He requested a full from me. Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
PM page is in fact gone, but his website is current.