Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Agency] Albert T. Longden Associates

ideas are floating where they will Stlight's Avatar
    where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things

[Agency] Albert T. Longden Associates

Does anyone know if the agent Albert T. Longden in Bloomfield, NJ. is the same person as the agent Al Logden at Rights Unlimited, in New York? It's a rather unusual name, or at least it is to me, for them to be different people. But why would he be offering as an agent in two places? Did he leave Rights Unlimited or join them?

Stlight

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I believe he left RU to start his own firm.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar

ideas are floating where they will Stlight's Avatar
    where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
    Thanks Victoria.
    Stlight

Still working on that second novel
    Al was my agent at Rights Unlimited. He sold the Korean foreign rights to my novel to Mythos Books.

Mr. Longden was great to work with. He would definitely be on my query list if I needed an agent.
    An Audience for Einstein website:
    http://anaudienceforeinstein.weebly.com/

The Huffington Post book reviewers really like my book:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...n_Audience_For

practical experience, FTW
    Great to know. Thanks, Mark. Anyone else have experience with him or query him lately? I am wondering about response times and stuff like that.

Also, his guidelines say to send a whole nonfiction proposal by email. Would that be as an attachment? Do you think you could just send a query first?

Does anyone know if Albert Longden has sold novels to major publishers lately? Does anyone have details/recommendations? I couldn't find too much info online about this agency.

2011 is the year for me :D Chanelley's Avatar
    He's not currently taking on new clients, but he will be after March.

I just signed a contract with Al this weekend. My book is NF, military/espionage, 87,000.

Does anyone know what his response time is?

Queried Sunday night, got a polite form rejection Monday afternoon.
    -Barbara
    will crit for rep points
    "Your commas are pretty good." TNH
    okay, I have a blog

That was fast. He never replied to me. I'm assuming it's a no at this point.
    Blood in the Stars ~ paranormal romance, Aug 2013 from Soul Mate Publishing
    My Website

I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later, publishers would publish anything that had my name on it ~ George Bernard Shaw

Did you e-query? He seems like a gent, so maybe your query didn't get through? Here's the response I had:
    I wanted to thank you for your submission to ATL Associates. I found your story-line had many interesting factors that I really liked but after reviewing your material and although I find considerable merit in it, I have opted to pass on your work.

Unfortunately, my continued backlog and current workload prevent me from taking on any additional works at this time.

Again, thank you for your submission and I wish you all the success your work deserves.
    I'm guessing it's a form (the 'not taking additional works' part especially), but must be one of the nicest.
    -Barbara
    will crit for rep points
    "Your commas are pretty good." TNH
    okay, I have a blog

I sent an e-query at the end of March. It's always possible it was eaten by the spam filter, I suppose.
    Blood in the Stars ~ paranormal romance, Aug 2013 from Soul Mate Publishing
    My Website

I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later, publishers would publish anything that had my name on it ~ George Bernard Shaw

figuring it all out
    Just sharing my experience with this agent:

• Queried via email August 24, 2008.
    • Received a reply from Mr. Longden saying "I'd love to see it." August 25, 2008, so I submitted the mss (also via email) promptly.
    • I followed up via email after just shy of three months on November 17, 2008.

I received...
    No response. Nothing. Ever. (not even a simple "thanks but no thanks".)

Again, just sharing, but since Mr. Longden, I agree, seemed like "a gent," he certainly turned out to not be my "agent."
    Last edited by NVS; 05-06-2009 at 01:18 AM.

Anybody have any recent experience with him?

Soldier, Storyteller Linda Adams's Avatar
    He appears to be closed to submissions for the rest of 2010. I just got a rejection that said:

Dear Author,
    Due to the extreme volume of submissions and the increased caseload that has resulted, I will no longer be accepting submission for the remainder of the year.
    I wish to thank you for thinking of Albert T. Longden Associates, and encourage you to resubmit in 2011 if you have not yet found a home for you work.
    Soldier, Storyteller | AW Library: Short Fiction

"The Sea Listens" in Enchanted Spark

Busy with a number of networks
    I have never received a reply from him. And today he e-mailed me with "Hi' as the subject. In conclusion, I don't think he's reliable and I have blacklisted him.

Hope you get this on time,

I had to make an urgent trip to Northampton, UNITED-KINGDOM and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight. I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You reach me with May Field Hotel Desk Phone +44 703 590 7331 or via my email.

I await your response

regards

Quote Originally Posted by starscape View Post
    I have never received a reply from him. And today he e-mailed me with "Hi' as the subject. In conclusion, I don't think he's reliable and I have blacklisted him.
    Not his fault. It's a well known scam. He's been hacked.
    Moral of the story: Soy yogurt is evil and don't cross picketlines. -Twizzle

Still working on that second novel
    He's my agent. I emailed Al when I saw starscape's post to let him know about the problem. He replied that he was aware that his email had been hacked and that everything should be back to normal today.
    An Audience for Einstein website:
    http://anaudienceforeinstein.weebly.com/

The Huffington Post book reviewers really like my book:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...n_Audience_For

Kendy's Father, Maureen's Husband nathanrudy's Avatar

Does Mr. Longdon Send Rejections ...

or is he one that if you don't hear it's a no? I queried him in January and am wondering if I should send a note to ensure he received it especially considering the hack of his account that came just after I sent the query.

Nathan Rudy
    is a professional writer/public relations expert with 20 years in corporate, government and non-profit sectors. Plus I write funny shit about central NJ.

My Blog: http://nathanrudy.com
    Follow Me: http://www.twittter.com/nathanrudy
    If you live in or around NJ: Liberty States Fiction Writers

JUst want to thank you all for your patience and sincerity in dealing with me. I am currently a one person shop and receive nearly 100 queries daily. An impossible amount to respond to consistantly. From the agent's desk, all I can say is if the pitch grabs my attension, I will respond. Again, thanks for thinking of my humble agency.

Mr. Longden, is your submissions email still atlong_1999@yahoo.com? (Does anyone here know?)

Thanks.
    Richard

It was that bastard mans voice that woke my father. Papu found himself back in his cell, lying atop a lush bed crafted of various male and female organs and his enemy's passions. Strong with that bastard mans magic, the organs restrained Papu and sensually rubbed against him. Some xxxxxxx him and some xxxxxx with his xxxxxxx.

Poetry and Jest

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    The one on his AQ profile is different, FWIW.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast