• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mocknick Productions Literary Agency

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
The AI woman is really unnerving. I asked about recent sales, and she told me about how they used to give out that information but a 'lynch mob' of editors and clients came after them.
I said 'That sounds like a fabulation.'
She said 'It sounds like it to me, too.'
Then she blinked repeatedly. I hear that's a sign of shiftiness - nice of them to have programmed that in.
-Barbara

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Only with you, Mr Panced.

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
A contract fee? $450? Guess what. It doesn't cost anywhere near $1.23 per day to rep a client. Maybe a few years ago, we spent money on mailing and copying, but now that the majority of publishers take material by email, the costs have gone down so much that Gloria and I are looking for tax write-offs, other than postage and printing.

Does this guy give his clients a printout of individual costs? Be interesting to see.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Arielle is the virtual hostess. Her job is to give us information on the agency and the literary business in general, or so it says in the first video. Then she cried, sat for two frames wearing sunglasses indoors, fell down, and had another sex doll pull a rifle on her.

Which part of that was my five hundred smackers for? Is it explained later? 'Cos I was done.

:Huh:

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I am utterly disturbed by this. I fear I may even have nightmares.

Not only does this "Lit Agency" charge fees but trying to promote their agency with the use of a sex doll... has bad news written all over it.

I almost wish other agents would comment on such tactics being used here, Curious what real professionals think lol

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
That virtual hostess is creepy and extremely unattractive.

*Shudder*

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
If having a sex-doll (sorry... stunt doll) as your public face wasn't bad enough - this is a guy who is trying to sell his own script (starring the doll) via Inktip.

If that's his strategy as a literary agent then his clients are in real trouble.

Do people seriously fall for this kind of stuff ?

Mac

lachrymal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the link to this guy's site. I had to double-check here because I totally thought it was a joke. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Surely, surely those videos are enough to drive people AWAY from this dude?